2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Let's also not forget that KC is likely one of the Super Bowl favorites this year.  So it's conceivable he's trying to win a ring too (it's more likely in KC than GB in 2019, IMO).

One things for sure.....

With that KC offense, he wont have to bone up on this RB tackling skills as few teams will running out the clock. If you follow me.

Although........

Minus #27 and in all likelihood #10 for a fair amount of time.....

Edited by Leader

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Let's sign him.  I am tired of the Packers always the ones that get injured.  Let's retaliate.

LOL!  In that picture, he spears Luck, and injures HIS OWN NECK on the play! 

I know you are being sarcastic with that response, but it was so funny that it was Burfict who was injured on that play.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL!  In that picture, he spears Luck, and injures HIS OWN NECK on the play! 

I know you are being sarcastic with that response, but it was so funny that it was Burfict who was injured on that play.

He has been hurting people since at least college.  Eventually guys like that get theirs, like when Starks destroyed Merriweather.

I have long suspected that Burfict plays football because he wants to hurt people and this is a socially acceptable venue for that.  While I acknowledge it's good that he understands, abstractly, that he should not be bodyslamming people in the Kroger parking lot and channels those desires elsewhere, I also kind of don't want that sort of thing on my football team.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have long suspected that Burfict plays football because he wants to hurt people and this is a socially acceptable venue for that.  While I acknowledge it's good that he understands, abstractly, that he should not be bodyslamming people in the Kroger parking lot and channels those desires elsewhere, I also kind of don't want that sort of thing on my football team.

No kidding.

The guy's a bum and I feel bad for whoever does sign him (and you-sadly-know somebody will). Hopefully the deal comes with a bottle of Advil and incentives for inevitable PED/headhunting suspensions.

Hey, New England could use an ILB and they've shown they're willing to dismiss character issues in an effort to win. Because the one thing they need more than anything is another walking PR nightmare after the prostitution scandal. xD

Edited by KManX89

Just now, Malfatron said:

the quicker the qb gets sacked, the sooner the play is over, and the odds king gets hurt decreases

But quicker pressure leads to more interceptions, which means King will actually get tackled.  I'm also afraid he could get injured giving someone a high five, and I suspect his high five numbers will increase.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But quicker pressure leads to more interceptions, which means King will actually get tackled.  I'm also afraid he could get injured giving someone a high five, and I suspect his high five numbers will increase.

Oh, dont worry. King doesnt get picks.

i agree on the 2nd point, and i hope the trainers move to air guitars for good plays instead of any kind of contact

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JQ1 said:

More on Jordy from a Schefter tweet:

'Former Packers’ WR Jordy Nelson is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Tuesday, per source. They were interested in Nelson last year; GM John Schneider loves Nelson. Other interested teams at this point include: Patriots, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders.'

Davis and Gruden are being like little kids with a toy they’d discarded. Somebody else wants Jordy and now they want him back...

Jordy please sign with the Titans . 

Then convince the Titans FO to trade us Taywan Taylor for a 4th RD pick.

Win-Win for everyone involved. 

I see no downside.  

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's probably a tad extreme.  We were always in the market for a corner.  Maybe not as early as it is now, but we still were likely looking at a CB either on Day 2 or early Day 3.  Nothing has really changed.

We need six CB's now we have 4 that you could expect make the team. I don't think it's extreme at all. It also makes it likely one of these draft picks will see the field at some point in the season given our inability to stay healthy. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We need six CB's now we have 4 that you could expect make the team. I don't think it's extreme at all. It also makes it likely one of these draft picks will see the field at some point in the season given our inability to stay healthy. 

I mean... I've always liked Redmond. 

That being said, I'd still like to sign one and then draft one on Day 3

Still think McDonald is the most likely CB to sign considering he was 1 of the 30 visits the Packers had before the 2015 Draft. 

Edited by Cadmus
  • Like 1