2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Love the Rodney Gunter interest, wish I would've posted my mock yesterday because I had him listed as "other options for DL FAs" behind Wilkerson. 

Wilkerson, Bailey and Gunter are the three most likely options left on the DL. 

Just now, Cadmus said:

Love the Rodney Gunter interest, wish I would've posted my mock yesterday because I had him listed as "other options for DL FAs" behind Wilkerson. 

Wilkerson, Bailey and Gunter are the three most likely options left on the DL. 

sure

According to the gospel that is PFF, Gunter 70.1 and Daniels 71.2. Start of the season Gunter will be 27, Daniels 30. Interesting enough Mo Wilk was ranked at 76.5. Daniels Cap is $10.7m, cutting/trading him is only $2.4m.

Gunter +  FA safety (Darian Stewart or Tre Boston) + Zach Brown (would be a nice pick up) > Daniels. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Packer fans love the prospect of getting rid of Mike Daniels and Blake Martinez for some reason 

It's just I keep hearing that Mike D doesn't fit what Pettine wants to do. And if you can replace his production for younger and cheaper it is tempting while also freeing up some cap for other signings, cos we only have about $3m to sign anyone at the moment. 

Having said all that I would miss Mike the man in the team.

Edited by Brit Pack

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

Packer fans love the prospect of getting rid of Mike Daniels and Blake Martinez for some reason 

Regarding Daniels. Last year of a deal making over 10m and won't be re-signed. Missed 6 games due to injury last year and missed the other 10 when playing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

According to the gospel that is PFF, Gunter 70.1 and Daniels 71.2. Start of the season Gunter will be 27, Daniels 30. Interesting enough Mo Wilk was ranked at 76.5. Daniels Cap is $10.7m, cutting/trading him is only $2.4m.

Gunter +  FA safety (Darian Stewart or Tre Boston) + Zach Brown (would be a nice pick up) > Daniels. 

Man would I love Boston and Zach Brown on this team. Complete defense at that point IMO.

• Like 1