2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

10 hours ago, Cheech said:

Every iowa player slides...

I'd be tickled to see Hock in rd 2.  Dude is George Kittle 2.0

What would be projected with this guy? What TE slot? 1,2,3..........? If he's a Rd 2 guy - it must be top of the line.
If its #1 - is it something (or not) that we're three straight years trying to figure out this position. Bennett's retirement (I guess) is the only unknown variable.

19 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

FA WR's I'd be interested in for the right price:

Quincy Enunwa
Robby Anderson
Devin Funchess
Tyrell Williams
John Brown
Kevin White
Cole Beasley 

I think all of these guys would be a decent #2 in our offense.

Devin Funchesss can't catch. What has Kevin White ever done to give you any optimism he's worth anything? Cole Beasley would be interesting, but think you can get better production out of what we presently have. 

I guess I'm not for spending on a second rate WR in free agency. 

Edited by Golfman

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Cole Beasley would be interesting, but think you can get better production out of what we presently have.

Not sure thats correct - stictly out of the slot.
Beasley's a helluva pain in the *** out of the slot. Second only IMO to that NE guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Devin Funchesss can't catch. What has Kevin White ever done to give you any optimism he's worth anything? Cole Beasley would be interesting, but think you can get better production out of what we presently have. 

I guess I'm not for spending on a second rate WR in free agency. 

Yeah, he'd be the least exciting option. I don't think he'd be better than G-mo in retrospect.

This one would be fun / just for pure upside reasons. Physically, hes a monster but can't seem to get on or stay on the field.

Only way I pull the trigger on any of these is if the price is right, obviously. I just think our offense needs a solid #2 option and right now I think Jimmy Graham is #2 in targets.

15 hours ago, snackattack said:

This may have been talked about already, but whats not to like about frank clark? I only know him based on a handful of seahawks games i’ve watched the past few years and i have always been impressed.

15 hours ago, Leader said:

The SEA guy? There's nothing not to like about how the guy plays football now. He had some domestic violence (?) kind of issues in college - which marred and made his drafting by SEA somewhat contentious - but to my knowledge, he's not repeated any of those actions since being in the league.

I asked about him to AG#20 and was told something like "he's a horrible person" and that was about it.  Nothing about how he plays.

Putting aside what he's done in the past, I think he's the type of EDGE that we will look for.  Power with some movement.

I like him as a player.  Despise the person that he was.  Not sure of who he is now.

Did a google search for Frank Clark arrest.  Wow.  Not a fun thing to read.  

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

I asked about him to AG#20 and was told something like "he's a horrible person" and that was about it.  Nothing about how he plays.

Putting aside what he's done in the past, I think he's the type of EDGE that we will look for.  Power with some movement.

I like him as a player.  Despise the person that he was.  Not sure of who he is now.

Did a google search for Frank Clark arrest.  Wow.  Not a fun thing to read.  

Dont know the details of his past - but apparently, its not a past he's repeating.
As a football player -

He's tied for 7th in sacks.
He's not much in the total tackles category - so either he stinks 2 out of every 3 downs, or he's being used as a situational pass rusher.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont know the details of his past - but apparently, its not a past he's repeating.
As a football player -

He's tied for 7th in sacks.
He's not much in the total tackles category - so either he stinks 2 out of every 3 downs, or he's being used as a situational pass rusher.

Run the google search for Frank Clark arrest.  Read a document or two.  Then tell me if you want him on the team....even if he is not repeating it.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Can you post a key code for all the different colors? :)
Who's saying what here?

Haha - I was trying to make it a little easier to read responses. Mighta overthunk it.

21 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Won't need one after Kumerow plays, right? :o

Yuck - Anyone know why he wasn't on the field on Sunday? I'm firmly planted in the Kumerow is a JAG camp.

• Like 1