2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

I was a Benjamin fan, but I think he even admitted to "tanking" his combine so he could get to a better team.  And once there, he almost ate himself off of the roster.

That kid isn't right in the head.

Tonyan is still converting to the new position.  I can't blame GB for not getting him opportunities yet.  But...he has the skillset and I think he has the brain to make it work.  Now may be the time to get him some reps and see if he can progress.

Never a better time to take a look at him.  Same with Kumerow and even some of our younger linebackers.  Get a head start on next year NOW instead of preseason where they play against nonstarters.    Let's see what they have with the first team offense and defense!   

• Like 1

Yeah, we should really use our ability to claim these players as an advantage considering how rarely it happens.  Getting Benjamin now is a good move that we will not do, and just like people celebrated the demotion of Thompson, I'm afraid similar similarities will occur between McCarthy and the next poor bastard who has to temper Aaron's ego. 

There's no reason why we shouldn't be claiming some of these cut players.  Gute is Thompson. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Never a better time to take a look at him.  Same with Kumerow and even some of our younger linebackers.  Get a head start on next year NOW instead of preseason where they play against nonstarters.    Let's see what they have with the first team offense and defense!   

A guy who quits?  Yeah, I want no part of him.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, we should really use our ability to claim these players as an advantage considering how rarely it happens.  Getting Benjamin now is a good move that we will not do, and just like people celebrated the demotion of Thompson, I'm afraid similar similarities will occur between McCarthy and the next poor bastard who has to temper Aaron's ego. 

There's no reason why we shouldn't be claiming some of these cut players.  Gute is Thompson. 

Would you seriously stop with the Gute is Thompson crap, it's so old. You yourself have admitted probably 3-4 times that he's not, but then whenever he doesn't do something you want, you go back to it. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, Outpost31 said:

We didn't need our position to claim Benjamin since nobody claimed him because he's a crappy WR.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

We didn't need our position to claim Benjamin since nobody claimed him because he's a crappy WR.

He's a crappy receiver that has shown promise in his career and physical ability that could have been claimed, given a chance to play with Rodgers in a few meaningless games and show what he's capable of that worst case would have given us an additional compensatory pick in 2020 or could have been an audition for being a part of our team next year. 

Dude is averaging 15 yards per reception with the got damn Bills and is only 27 years old.  If you see zero value there, you might want to get your eyes checked.  I'm not acting like Benjamin comes in here and tears **** up and saves our season, I'm suggesting that having 20 catches and a couple touchdowns with Aaron Rodgers could have given us a head start on 2019 WR free agency and worst case given us a 5th round compensatory pick. 

Act like I'm being dumb all you want, but it was a risk free move that had a number of potential benefits. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

He's a crappy receiver that has shown promise in his career and physical ability that could have been claimed, given a chance to play with Rodgers in a few meaningless games and show what he's capable of that worst case would have given us an additional compensatory pick in 2020 or could have been an audition for being a part of our team next year. 

Dude is averaging 15 yards per reception with the got damn Bills and is only 27 years old.  If you see zero value there, you might want to get your eyes checked.  I'm not acting like Benjamin comes in here and tears **** up and saves our season, I'm suggesting that having 20 catches and a couple touchdowns with Aaron Rodgers could have given us a head start on 2019 WR free agency and worst case given us a 5th round compensatory pick. 

Act like I'm being dumb all you want, but it was a risk free move that had a number of potential benefits. 

What is he good at?  He runs crap routes, doesn't get good separation, is tall yet not good at making contested catches, there's no indication he's a good guy to have in the locker room, doesn't seem like a hard worker.  He got 1000 yards once on 146 targets lol.  I see more value in giving snaps to the young guys we have than holding out hope for a 5th round compensatory pick.