2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Whether you love or hate these signings, i love that we went after it hard. No more excuses of sitting on our hands. Its really nice as a fan going into the draft without feeling like we need to pick a certain position with our top two or three picks. Yes we still have needs, but nothing that is a must now

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hasn't been overly consistent, but had a big year in 2017, 8 sacks and had the highest pressure rate of any rusher (with qualifying # of snaps) in the NFL. This past year had 4 sacks but still around 53 pressures I believe, a very solid number. 

Yeah, lack of consistency + big contract = concern on my end.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He's Perry who doesn't get hurt. Heavy handed power rusher.

This shows me we want nothing to do with Burns or Polite though. Pettine's has a type and it's much more like Sweat/Allen.

Not performing is not performing.  Regardless if it's due to health or whatever else.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Ditto.

Though I have a feeling that we trade down from #12 to get a late 1st round pick and another 2nd round pick.

No way if a stud falls to us we trade down. Mike Daniels is in his last year, Oliver would make since at 12 or Simmons at 20. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snackattack said:

Whether you love or hate these signings, i love that we went after it hard. No more excuses of sitting on our hands. Its really nice as a fan going into the draft without feeling like we need to pick a certain position with our top two or three picks. Yes we still have needs, but nothing that is a must now

I agree.  I have my concerns over signing an inconsistent pass rusher and pass rusher who only put it together his contract year...but at least there's a strong attempt to fix the issues.  I want to see how the contracts are set up though.