2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Yes, but 21 of Amos' 37 mil is in the first two years.  Preston only has 16 mil guaranteed.  Turner is paid early.  

There could be more to it, but the early numbers certainly suggest a pattern that I personally like. 

Those tweets aren't accurate IMO.  That includes the signing bonuses IMO.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Nah, you don't sign a backup to a contract like that. He's 100% our starting RG.

Unless he gets beat out.  Not a long track record of starting.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

pretty sure 11M in year one means SB plus first year salary.  so the SB will be on the future year cap.

This contract is actually weighted toward the back end, and should have dead cap money if we were to move on later on.

Hmm...might be right on that.  I'll hold out some hope though.  

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I still want another safety though.

I'm thinking they'll bring back Campbell and snag another one with a top draft slot.

That Gator guy....CGS? Adderley? We're getting a Safety out of this draft and I dont think it'll be a back bencher......

Edited by Leader

Just now, CWood21 said:

That wasn't the part I was arguing.  I argued that they didn't pay him to be their backup OL.

My point was he may wind up being a back up because he's not that good. I was good with the first three signings, this one is a head scratcher. In Gute we trust I guess.