2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm thinking they'll bring back Campbell and snag another one with a top draft slot.

That's the rumor, although the Amos signing puts Campbell back into 2nd or 3rd string where he belongs IMHO.

15 minutes ago, Fullback said:

All these new signings are very average players. This should lead the defense back to where it was for many years: Average.

Tbh this had to be done after slipping from average to well below average in recent years.

Nothing to get excited about. Free agency has become the synonym for overpaying. At least no insane overpay, but still. Meh.

Says who … being average!?  Debbie Downer - don't do anything and you are mad; do something where it helps the team, you're mad.  Glad you aren't the GM.  This is PLENTY exciting.

7 minutes ago, Danish Cheesehead said:

I got crucified already for not being overly excited about the new signings. I didn't say the defensive signings were bad, just that they are very average and nothing special. Overpaying is unfortunately what free agency has become all about. But this deal for Turner is what sticks out to me as really bad, even in times of FA overpaying.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Realistically, I think Turner ends up being our backup across the OL.  We have seen some of the major issues on the OL whenever someone gets hurt.  He would have to help out in that regard.  

Billy Turner is 100% the starting RG. There is no doubt about this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Are any of these contracts worse than the one Perry signed a few years ago?

I'm not seeing much dead cap in the later years of the contracts of any of these signings, but I'm not well versed

We haven't seen the exact structures yet.