2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This one makes my head hurt a lot. I'm not even sure this guy is going to start for us, much less 7 million a year for him. 

Probably questionable, but I know he's a ZBS guy, which we need. Obviously, they liked him. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Tillery's the 33rd player on the board for CBS and the 50th ranked player on the Drafttek board. He was a good 10-20 spots higher on each board before the Combine IIRC.

PFF just mocked him to us at 12, so opinions are pretty varied.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Huh?

I think Wilkins is basically guaranteed to go in the first.  I don't expect Tillery to go before 25, and more likely in the second.  

With Wilkins - no standout physical traits, not a great pass rusher, and he benefited from the crazy talent around him. Do you want a guy whose best trait is his commitment to football at 12? 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Probably questionable, but I know he's a ZBS guy, which we need. Obviously, they liked him. 

That and he’s got OT size and played it in the NFL. He will start at G and if we have issues and sprigs sucks we can move him outside. Expensive but good coverage for OT protection and starting guard. 

Just now, deathstar said:

PFF just mocked him to us at 12, so opinions are pretty varied.

With Wilkins - no standout physical traits, not a great pass rusher, and he benefited from the crazy talent around him. Do you want a guy whose best trait is his commitment to football at 12? 

PFF mocks are also kind of a disaster basket.

But I disagree with your point about his physical traits and pass rushing.  I do want a guy who has produced, and Tillery had a total of 12 sacks in 4 years, 4 of which came in one game.  Wilkins also has a better motor, better work ethic, and no off field issues.  Tillery disappeared for long stretches throughout his career. Wilkins was much more consistent.