2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

7 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Looking down the list, it wouldn't shock me if one of these guys ended up in GB next year...

TJ Yeldon, RB, Jaguars
Tommy Bohanon, FB, Jaguars
Donte Moncrief, WR, Jaguars
Luke Stocker, TE, Titans
Rodger Saffold, OG, Rams
Quinton Spain, OG, Titans
Jordan Mills, OT, Bills

Saffold would be a nice get.

44 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Colts have 120 MILLION in cap space. They won't be letting anybody go who they want to keep and he should definitely be on the 'want to keep' list. 

And although it was only 1 game, he was a turnstile against Kansas City on Saturday. 

I didn't see the game.

He was a back up though before Mat Slausen got injured and depends if he is going back to that role and if he is happy being that or will the Colts dump Slausen and keep him around.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Quenton Spain is a G for the Titans who will be a free agent.  27 years old.  PFF ranked him at 61.8.  #40 guard.  (Taylor was 64.8 and the #24 guard for comp purposes.)

They have another guard in free agency...Kevin Pamphile.  Unrated on PFF.

I believe that OLs work better as a unit. Would love to upgrade the RG spot this year and maybe save LG for next year, or just keep Taylor. League average is good enough. Right tackle is most definitely changing this year or next

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I believe that OLs work better as a unit. Would love to upgrade the RG spot this year and maybe save LG for next year, or just keep Taylor. League average is good enough. Right tackle is most definitely changing this year or next

I don't know much about the Titans roster...I only posted about Spain because of the Titan connection.

Very true about the line needing to be a unit.

I'd personally like a better guard in free agency....liking Foster from Pitt.  Still want GB to draft a guard and tackle before round 5.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know much about the Titans roster...I only posted about Spain because of the Titan connection.

Very true about the line needing to be a unit.

I'd personally like a better guard in free agency....liking Foster from Pitt.  Still want GB to draft a guard and tackle before round 5.

Me too. I just don't really want to replace both guards in one offseason unless they are significant upgrades. I think Lane is fine for now, him and Bakh have been together for 3 years. The right side needs an overhaul in the next 16 months, and I would definitely like Bulaga to start in 2019. The new tackle can sit for a year or play RG if we don't get a new one, then bulaga and spriggs will be gone next year and he can step in. Ideally like you said we draft a RG and RT and they both hit. 

If we are able to get a solid tackle at 30-32 and he outplays Bulaga, then fine, move on. I just have a hard time seeing that happening

Edited by JBURGE

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

So...new coach from Tennessee.  OC from Jax.  On paper it looks like a ground game offense.  Not that I like it, but how does Leveon Bell sound?  

Personally I think it is a terrible use of cap space, but I won't be shocked if GB shows interest.

Wouldn't be shocked if we were interested, but it just can't happen.... I just can't get excited about paying a RB that much. Would much prefer giving it to Brown and a pick

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

So...new coach from Tennessee.  OC from Jax.  On paper it looks like a ground game offense.  Not that I like it, but how does Leveon Bell sound?  

Personally I think it is a terrible use of cap space, but I won't be shocked if GB shows interest.

I'm personally in the "don't pay a lot for RBs" camp.

I think Jones / Williams / Draft Pick would be just fine. Lev Bell is an unnecessary luxury.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm personally in the "don't pay a lot for RBs" camp.

I think Jones / Williams / Draft Pick would be just fine. Lev Bell is an unnecessary luxury.

Yeah ... figuring middle round running back pick by Gute.  I wonder if Gute will consider Kareem Hunt if he's re-instated?  Probably not.  The Bears are a likely destination for his services.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah ... figuring middle round running back pick by Gute.  I wonder if Gute will consider Kareem Hunt if he's re-instated?  Probably not.  The Bears are a likely destination for his services.

The way Nagy talked about Hunt yesterday, I would be pretty shocked if Hunt wasn't on their roster come training camp.