2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

21 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Looks like the J-E-T-S are going through with their plans to hire Gregggg Williams as DC
He's always been more of a 4-3 guy and the Jets have been a 3-4 team for some time now

There might be some defensive players that don't fit the Greggggg Williams scheme or profile going forward

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ

Id be intrigued by Henry Anderson for the right price. Seems like a perfect fit at 5-tech and had 7 sacks last year. He is a free agent so they might not bring him back if they switch to a 4-3.

Not currently a Jet but I would be pretty happy with Sheldon Richardson as well to give us some interior pressure. His price tag might be too high though with the other needs we have to address in free agency.

Edited by Victor1124

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Crowder, John Brown and JJ Nelson are my WR targets. Think we should buy low in FA and draft another wherever we find value (other than pick 12) and add them to the current group.

Brown was having a fine season until Flacco got benched. 34 catches, 601 yards (17.7 yd/catch), 4 TD in 9 games with Flacco. He can stretch the field.

16 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

what would make you think that a slot only WR with middling production in a pass first offense would be the most desired FA?

Maybe he gets overpaid, but no way he pulls more than tate.

Because the free agent WR class is really rough. 

Tate is almost 6 years older and was less productive this last season.  I don't think it's  a stretch at all considering how unimpressive Golden Tate looked in Philly.  Of the 6 "Market Value estimates" that Spotrac has up for the UFA WRs, they've got him predicted to make the most.

Bucs reporter Jenna Laine believes there's a "real chance" Tampa Bay releases DT Gerald McCoy this offseason.

McCoy has three years left on his contract but has no guaranteed money remaining, and the Bucs can save $13 million against the cap by cutting him. McCoy turns 31 next month, but his production has remained steady. McCoy has at least six sacks in six straight seasons and received strong marks for his run defense in 2018. The Bucs have a ton of key free agents and may need the money freed up in order to sign those players, specifically LT Donovan Smith.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Bucs reporter Jenna Laine believes there's a "real chance" Tampa Bay releases DT Gerald McCoy this offseason.

McCoy has three years left on his contract but has no guaranteed money remaining, and the Bucs can save $13 million against the cap by cutting him. McCoy turns 31 next month, but his production has remained steady. McCoy has at least six sacks in six straight seasons and received strong marks for his run defense in 2018. The Bucs have a ton of key free agents and may need the money freed up in order to sign those players, specifically LT Donovan Smith.

Would not mind him over Wilkerson. But would obviously be more expensive.

Edited by Arthur Penske

My most wanted free agent is Adrian Amos because I'm a realist and none of the other safeties are coming here.  

I believe it will happen.  Gute went after Fuller of the Bears last year.  Bears won't be able to compete with us this year on that.  

Sick of us not having a safety, so I still want us to draft one at 30-32.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My most wanted free agent is Adrian Amos because I'm a realist and none of the other safeties are coming here.  

I believe it will happen.  Gute went after Fuller of the Bears last year.  Bears won't be able to compete with us this year on that.  

@Outpost31

I got you .....

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Gutey got the top TE among competition last year. Why wouldn’t he go after a cheaper position in safety?

Locking in on any particular position at a draft slot is not prudent. We need play makers/ exceptional played at many positions which is why you go BPA with that second 1st round pick. If the BPA is a safety, sure draft one. 

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Amos that good? I mean he gets Prince and Fuller as his CBs and Jackson who probably had the best year is his running mate. I'd be leery of throwing any money at him.

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

or steal Harris from Minnesota - he had a breakout year.

Hell, sign them both.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is Amos that good? I mean he gets Prince and Fuller as his CBs and Jackson who probably had the best year is his running mate. I'd be leery of throwing any money at him.

Not really.  He's a solid safety, but there's nothing special about him.