2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody seems to take into account that McCarthy had offers (albeit with stipulations) that he turned down because he would be coaching this year for free if he took them.

What team are you employed by that offered MM a coaching position? 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

it seems like no NFL teams every REALLY want tre boston for some reason lol. 

I posted about this earlier. Guy has damn good stats over the past 3 years. 8 picks in the last 2 years, which is probably better than most safeties around the league. I don't get it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What team are you employed by that offered MM a coaching position? 

To my knowledge the closest he got to an offer was Cleveland, but with the express stipulation that he would not be calling plays. The only other team I heard of him being connected to was the Jets but I don't think they were really interested at the end of the day. 

Updated NFL Cuts List. (Green is Packers active involvement)

Offense
QB -  Mike Glennon, Blake Bortles, A.J. McCarron, Blaine Gabbert
RB -  Carlos Hyde,  Daniel Lasco, Alex Collins, 
Isaiah Crowell
FB -  
TE -  Dwayne Allen, Dion Sims, Darren Fells, Jermaine Gresham
OL - Jeremy Parnell,  TJ Lang, Ted Larsen, Garry Gillam, Mike Remmers, Ryan Schraeder, Josh Sitton, Matt Kalil, Josh Kline
WR -  Darren Andrews, Demaryius Thomas, Bruce Ellington, Michael Crabtree, Daniel Williams, Danny Amendola, Jordy Nelson

Defense
S -  Tashaun Gipson, Darian Stewart, Eric Weddle, Johnathan Cyprien, Glover Quinn, Kurt Coleman,  Chris Margos, Antoine BethaJahleel Addae, Eric Berry, Kentrell Brice
CB - Kevin Johnson, Captain Munnerlyn, Nevin Lawson
ILB -  Jamie Collins,  Mark Barron, Josh Bynes, Nicholas Grigsby, Trevor Bates, Zach Brown
OLB -  Sam Acho, Connor Barwin, Andrew Trumbetti, Justin Houston, Nick Perry, Cassis Marsh, Adrian Clayborn
DL - Malik Jackson, Andre Branch, Vinnie Curry, Stacy McGee, Mitch Unrein

ST - Carson Tinker (LS),  Kai Forbath (K), Bryan Anger (P)

Edited by Chili

I've dug up my old spreadsheet to find my scouting summaries for 2011 draft prospects. This is Gabberts: xD

Why is he regarded as a top QB prospect. He played in same system and has same coach as Chase Daniel who set loads of NCAA records yet for some reason Gabbert only managed just 16 Tds. I believe he is a media creation after Luck decided to return to college and they needed another white golden boy to build hype on. He looks the part, tall, fairly athletic and strong arm but that just about it that is going for him. He always throws on 1st read and he looks indecisive when that breaks down. Overrated and Mediocre.

Edited by Chili

On why things didn’t work out in Green Bay:

I don’t know. I did everything right and I did what I was asked to do. I think they were just looking for change. My time was up. I watched so many guys come in and do all the right things and things just didn’t work out in Green Bay. So that’s what I had on my shoulders going into Year 5 there. I had to treat every game like it was an interview. And I did just that and things worked out well for both sides.

Man, I really can't stand Haha. If he really believes he did everything right when he was in Green Bay his perception of what is right must be WAY off.

• Like 3

This guy's no longer an FA - but he would have been a great pickup IMO.

Tevin Coleman
RB, to 49ers - 2 years, $8.5-10.6M total (depending on incentives), $3.6M in Year 1 with penalty-free team option in Year 2.

From SI:

The contract terms are unbelievably team-friendly, and Coleman is an instant difference-maker. Long-striding speed makes him football’s most explosive pure outside runner, and his flexibility in the passing game is perfect for Kyle Shanahan’s scheme, especially alongside Jerick McKinnon and versatile fullback Kyle Juszczyk. Shanahan loves to put multiple backs on the field because, with more run possibilities to account for, the defense is rendered into a predictable coverage. Shanahan then exploits those coverages with QB-friendly route combinations.

Coleman can run most of the route tree. He is such an outrageous bargain, in fact, that you wonder if there’s something negative about him that teams know but we don’t. But if that were the case, he likely would not have been signed by Shanahan, who was Coleman’s offensive coordinator in Atlanta. After the 2016 season whispers around the NFL were that Coleman, despite backing up star Devonta Freeman, was Shanahan’s favorite Falcons back.

2018 stats
Rushing: 167 attempts / 800 yards / 4.8 average / 4 TDS
Receiving: 32 receptions / 276 yards / 8.6 average / 5 TDS
Total: 1076 yards / 9 TDS