2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You're on here enough that's it's unacceptable to me that you don't know about the rule of 51. 

24 hour ban for you.

Just now, rcon14 said:

Not true. This has been discussed on here almost constantly for a week now.

I don't do math or cap stuff.  I can only be right with so many things.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:26 PM, Outpost31 said:

I don't do math or cap stuff.  I can only be right with so many things.

Not calling you out specifically, but it is demonstrably true that there are some things that football fans will not learn no matter how many times it's brought up. One of them is the top 51 cap rule and another is the fact that players don't go into the hall of fame for any one team. So it is written and so it shall be, that most Packers fans will never learn these things. 

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Not calling you out specifically, but it is demonstrably true that there are some things that football fans will not learn no matter how many times it's brought up. One of them is the top 51 cap rule and another is the fact that players don't go into the hall of fame for any one team. So it is written and so it shall be, that most Packers fans will never learn these things. 

Wait, I swear most fans realize the HOF thing.

What they don't realize is your cant sign everyone for veteran minimum!

(**** I already used that this week lol)

More seriously the one that bothers me is "just make their whole contract incentive based! Everyone wins!!"

9 hours ago, smetana34 said:

For real, what's wrong with Tre Boston? Third year a row now he's being left out to dry on the market. He's a very quality player, so there must be something off about him

His lack of consistency scares off teams. Very hit-or-miss...

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Someone explain the 52 rule the best way possible so I can explain it to my 10-year-old son.  If I ever have one.

If we draft 10 rookies, we have to cut 10 people who are currently on the roster who are counting towards the cap, so you can subtract their cap hits from the rookie cap hits. 

The rule of 51 is only the top 51 salaries count against the cap