2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Perry and Wilkerson both back for nothing would be a fantastic way to close out this remaining cap space.

Perry and Wilkerson vs Tre Boston???

I'm struggling to understand why we would cut Perry and then re-sign him.  Didn't we only save 3 million this year?  I thought his dead space this year was like 11 million.  Now we're going to re-sign him so he can count even more against this year's cap?  

I'm legit confused.  Why wouldn't the Packers have just kept him another year then and cut him after 2020?  Is it future cap savings?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I'm struggling to understand why we would cut Perry and then re-sign him.  Didn't we only save 3 million this year?  I thought his dead space this year was like 11 million.  Now we're going to re-sign him so he can count even more against this year's cap?  

I'm legit confused.  Why wouldn't the Packers have just kept him another year then and cut him after 2020?  Is it future cap savings?

I believe they save more in the 2020 season by cutting him this year.

2 minutes ago, Cheech said:

They either eat the dead cap this year (which is why we're eating $11M) or cut him next year, and it would have been something around $7M IIRC on next year's cap in terms of dead money.

20 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Yes, future cap savings next year. 

This whole Perry discussion.......

The guy was in the GP Pro Shop to see if he could pick up some of his jerseys on discount....for birthdays, Christmas gifts and stuff - and here we get in to a detailed rat-atat-tat about bringing him back :)

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

This whole Perry discussion.......

The guy was in the GP Pro Shop to see if he could pick up some of his jerseys on discount....for birthdays, Christmas gifts and stuff - and here we get in to a detailed rat-atat-tat about bringing him back :)

He's trying to  return on the cheap to sabotage our Burns pick at 12 >:(

22 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm now annoyed that I went to his Twitter and he has some story about being upset with the pro shop but I don't know the story because he deleted it...

I know you were annoyed and all, but you didn't need crash into the practice field @Norm... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We gained 3m by cutting Perry, signing him back to any deal and we're pretty much coming out even. He's not coming back. 

Agreed, why cut him only to bring him back when you could probably find a way to restructure the deal. We've moved on.

20 hours ago, Cheech said:

Maybe he is begging to come back as no other team wants him.