2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

We've got three guys who are ENTERING their second year. All have a ton of upside. The second year is the biggest leap a receiver makes and these three are going to light it up. Kumerow and Allison are very capable of contributing as well. 

Our WR position is the least of our worries. 

Lets hope you are right and some of them do make the leap. It would be nice to take some pressure of Adams. Also, would be nice if Graham actually started being more productive in the red zone.

Our rookies contributed like round 2-3 picks last year. Good kids who will step it up imo, all 3. Moore is on record for taking the blame on not having the mental game down. 

With AR this is a very good group. Graham and Lewis will both be better imo. Better line -- better protection and run game. Everything is pointing up imo.

Could draft a tackle and WR next year. Those will be spots to most improve just as guards, future TE, and 3rd RB were biggest needs this year.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Those will be spots to most improve just as guards, future TE, and 3rd RB were biggest needs this year.

Hindsight analysis at best. 

Outside of TE, which was an obvious add due to the combination of the strength of the class and the age of our vets... neither of those positions were screaming needs... they were selections based primarily on value. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

so why IS Zach Brown still unsigned?

No clue on Zach Brown...

However, the May 7th rule means teams that are concerned about the comp picks formula, won't sign vets till after that deadline passes.
After that date , FAs don't count in the formula

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really do wonder if we're going to see Adams play more in the slot this year.  It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up that way.

That would be a frickin nightmare match up for teams to defend against.  Here's hoping our young wr's in year 2 bust out and our te's contribute even more.   

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

No clue on Zach Brown...

However, the May 7th rule means teams that are concerned about the comp picks formula, won't sign vets till after that deadline passes.
After that date , FAs don't count in the formula

i thought he was cut and wouldn't count anyway?

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really do wonder if we're going to see Adams play more in the slot this year.  It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up that way.

I think he played there a lot last year iirc but since Cobb is gone I suspect they will play him there more.

20 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

MVS/EQ/Moore if he can catch

Moore is perfect for slot it seems. I expect him to break out. All the rook receivers will be fine imo.

Don't forget that MLF plays more TE than MM. He will run more too. Jace and Graham will also take slot reps (and Allison). We have no small guys except the Teo Redding kid.

Edit: missed Moore in there Sorry

Edited by JaireAlex