2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

That’s what I see too, FG. I hope it’s now. I really do. Jordy didn’t really come on till his 3rd/4th seasons. Davante Adams had some early struggles. Nick Collins took a couple years...... TJ Lang took a little bit. 

Indiana doesn’t produce NFL ready lineman. So one or two off years almost makes sense. Plus, physically it took him a couple years to get NFL size. So this is the first year I’d say he’s physically in his prime. 

There is a chance for Spriggs. But if he doesn’t play well this year, I’m done with any hope. 

Edited by boratt
  • Like 1

Spriggs is not what we hoped when we drafted him.  I think some of the issue is injuries have hampered him. He is also behind two tackles that are really good.  

I think there were sky-high expectations and average results, also Bakhtiari got really good, and he is seen a lesser than he really is. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Spriggs is not what we hoped when we drafted him.  I think some of the issue is injuries have hampered him. He is also behind two tackles that are really good.  

I think there were sky-high expectations and average results, also Bakhtiari got really good, and he is seen a lesser than he really is. 

Some player named Aaron Rodgers did not show much for 2+ years.  Could not crack the starting lineup....he turned out ok

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Suh, Mccoy both still out there.

Lots of folks going into the year said they would cut mike daniels for Suh.  Would you do the same for McCoy?

Immediately

What needs to happen to get this done?

I would've primed the pump on this one six months ago with his agent, "If/When this happens, make me your first call"

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Suh, Mccoy both still out there.

Lots of folks going into the year said they would cut mike daniels for Suh.  Would you do the same for McCoy?

Why does signing 1 of them have to come at the expense of Daniels?  GB has close to $9M in cap space.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

GB has close to $9M in cap space.  

And they need about $ 6-7 M of that to have the in season buffer they need in case of injuries a broken chin strap
There are a few non-Daniels options to find some cap space, but not many

It would also likely depend on what McCoy is willing to sign for, he was set to make $13 million, and his lowest compensation (adding all contract and bonus money) in a season was 6.8 million in his third year.  The guy has been getting paid, and will probably continue to get paid.  If spotrac is right, and I am reading it right, there are 13 teams with more than 20 million in space.  Cutting Daniels gets us to 16 million.  I don't see it happening.