2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd honestly just prefer to sign everybody that gets cut and maybe one mid-level free agent.  There are gonna be a lot of okay to good players who get cut this year, just like every year. 

If we cut Nick Perry, he'll probably have the best season of any of the free agent pass rushers other than maybe Clowney. 

Jesus....... I know this is going to happen........

7 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Quinn could be alright. Decent EDGE2. You have to wonder if someone looks at his old numbers and overpays him, but he's still a quality player.

I agree with all of that.

Ahead of the guy I like, Barrett, for sure.  Probably ahead of Fowler, but maybe not by much.  Below Lawrence, Clowney, Clark, Flowers...etc.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Ahead of the guy I like, Barrett, for sure.  Probably ahead of Fowler, but maybe not by much.  Below Lawrence, Clowney, Clark, Flowers...etc.

I'd put him in a similar tier to Fowler I think, but definitely ahead of a Barrett.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I wouldn't put Quinn ahead of Fowler after what I saw from Fowler in LA. He looked reborn. 

Barrett is harder to peg because he really hasn't gotten any opportunity as EDGE 1 or even 2. He looked primed to start opposite Miller last year and then Chubb fell into their lap. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't put Quinn ahead of Fowler after what I saw from Fowler in LA. He looked reborn. 

Barrett is harder to peg because he really hasn't gotten any opportunity as EDGE 1 or even 2. He looked primed to start opposite Miller last year and then Chubb fell into their lap. 

I think Barrett is going to be a nice value in free agency.  If given first team reps, I think he is going to surprise everyone with what he can do.  But, that is just a gut feeling based on me watching him play a few times.  He's sudden enough and he plays with some violence/physicality.  And...he's just 26.  There are good years ahead of him.

17 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Any word on our free agents? Haven't heard anything in regards to Matthews, Cobb, Breeland. It's possible we're not bringing them back and that why I suppose

Read this on Wilkerson wanting to come back to GB, but it sounds like that injury was worse than I thought. Wonder how effective he can be in 2019.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/13/muhammad-wilkerson-highly-interested-in-return-to-packers-in-2019/