2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think Barrett is going to be a nice value in free agency.  If given first team reps, I think he is going to surprise everyone with what he can do.  But, that is just a gut feeling based on me watching him play a few times.  He's sudden enough and he plays with some violence/physicality.  And...he's just 26.  There are good years ahead of him.

Shaq Barrett's athletic scores fwiw: Power 17th percentile, Speed 40 58th percentile, Agility 90th percentile, Speed 10 35th percentile, Twitch 44th percentile. Pretty bendy/shifty guy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've always liked Robert Quinn.  He can win fast.

He gave the Packers OTs some trouble over the years
He's still relatively young at 28 yrs, has some length at 6'4 and he's a 3rd contract guy -  so there's a chance $$ won't be the only decider for his next home

Career Earnings: $60,487,615

https://overthecap.com/player/robert-quinn/1343/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Q/QuinRo00.htm

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Read this on Wilkerson wanting to come back to GB, but it sounds like that injury was worse than I thought. Wonder how effective he can be in 2019.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/13/muhammad-wilkerson-highly-interested-in-return-to-packers-in-2019/

I think if you can bring him back for cheap money, maybe 3-4 mil, it's worth a look. 

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If so, I'd go less than that. Paid him ~5 mil last year and he's coming off a potentially career ending injury from the sound of it.

Yeah .. something with a small base and a load of incentives.  He's the kind of guy that has had motivational issues in the past, so some incentives might help push him a little.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Can you post Quinn's scores?  Please?

Robert Quinn:

Power: 67th percentile
Speed 40: 90th percentile
Agility: 68th percentile
Speed 10: 34th percentile
Twitch: 51st percentile

Speed-to-power guy with enough bend to have some rush versatility.

• Like 3

I've seen Cole Beasley name popping up a few times but this FA move makes little sense to me. Why would we spend a small fortune on the slot position when Rodgers clearly does not utilise it enough. We made that mistake giving Cobb the money and so why would we repeat that mistake again?

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think Barrett is going to be a nice value in free agency.  If given first team reps, I think he is going to surprise everyone with what he can do.  But, that is just a gut feeling based on me watching him play a few times.  He's sudden enough and he plays with some violence/physicality.  And...he's just 26.  There are good years ahead of him.

Barrett is the guy i really want. He has a good mix of bend, physicality, and motor. Living in KC, I got to watch the Broncos the multiple times a year and even in the limited playing time he got, he usually jumped out to me. Him being 26 in nice and possibility that he could be affordable makes it even better. 

17 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've seen Cole Beasley name popping up a few times but this FA move makes little sense to me. Why would we spend a small fortune on the slot position when Rodgers clearly does not utilise it enough. We made that mistake giving Cobb the money and so why would we repeat that mistake again?

GB has never valued tiny slot guys. Randall Cobb is like the smallest WR GB has drafted in like 25 years. We're not going to target Beasley or (insert tiny little slot WR here).

39 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

GB has never valued tiny slot guys. Randall Cobb is like the smallest WR GB has drafted in like 25 years. We're not going to target Beasley or (insert tiny little slot WR here).

Yeah we could keep Cobb if we wanted to a likely a similar price.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Beasley willl cost maybe half of what we were paying Cobb.