2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Maybe we need to just reload on offense, get a top guard and TE or WR. This offense isn’t a strength anymore 

What are the thoughts about bring in Golden Tate and Cook? Tate is a solid slot player that should be less than what we are paying Cobb. Jared Cook still is showing the speed and could be a short term contract. I doubt Cook comes back to GB but he might be willing to call it truths with Ted gone....

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Maybe we need to just reload on offense, get a top guard and TE or WR. This offense isn’t a strength anymore 

7 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

What are the thoughts about bring in Golden Tate and Cook? Tate is a solid slot player that should be less than what we are paying Cobb. Jared Cook still is showing the speed and could be a short term contract. I doubt Cook comes back to GB but he might be willing to call it truths with Ted gone....

I don't think there is a top guard out there in free agency.  You've got a batch of old guys making top coin (Iupati, Levitre, Saffold), an old has been (Foster), a couple of names that haven't panned out (Carpenter, Fluker, Warmack) and a bunch of guys I've never heard of before.

Cook is 31, turner 32.  If you bring him in, he's going to cost north of $7M/year.  Add that to Graham's salary and that is a horrible use of cap space on the tight end position.  And... would he even want to come back after the TT gaff?

I like Tate.  That's a guy I'd take, but...he's going to be 31 and will cost about $10M/year.  So Cobb is gone and you replace him with someone older to play that position?  I get it, Tate is better and has stayed healthier longer, but still, I'm unsure if he will be worth it over the guys we have on the roster today.

I'm in for a free agent #2 wideout.  A guy like Tate or Emmanuel Sanders might fit in.  We need someone who still has some wheels and can mesh quickly with Rodgers .. someone with a high football IQ.  We probably made a mistake in choosing Cobb over Nelson this year, but neither is long for the NFL at this point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Cook was a Ball choice... if you believe rumors etc. So Ball is still here, Cook isn’t coming back.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think there is a top guard out there in free agency.  You've got a batch of old guys making top coin (Iupati, Levitre, Saffold), an old has been (Foster), a couple of names that haven't panned out (Carpenter, Fluker, Warmack) and a bunch of guys I've never heard of before.

Cook is 31, turner 32.  If you bring him in, he's going to cost north of $7M/year.  Add that to Graham's salary and that is a horrible use of cap space on the tight end position.  And... would he even want to come back after the TT gaff?

I like Tate.  That's a guy I'd take, but...he's going to be 31 and will cost about $10M/year.  So Cobb is gone and you replace him with someone older to play that position?  I get it, Tate is better and has stayed healthier longer, but still, I'm unsure if he will be worth it over the guys we have on the roster today.

I like the idea of a guy like Tate. I think AR wants a veteran WR that can play and trust to be in a spot.

Cobb might be younger, but his body hasn't held up as well. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm in for a free agent #2 wideout.  A guy like Tate or Emmanuel Sanders might fit in.  We need someone who still has some wheels and can mesh quickly with Rodgers .. someone with a high football IQ.  We probably made a mistake in choosing Cobb over Nelson this year, but neither is long for the NFL at this point.  

Was thinking about that today.  Our WR experience was our offense's biggest issue this year.  It's one of the reason's I advocated so hard for Dez Bryant this last offseason. 

I  agree that we pretty clearly made the wrong decision on which WR to cut.  Neither are great but Randall Cobb looked done.  He had the big play week one but pretty useless this year after that.  He looked as slow as any WR in the NFL this year and once again showed that he simply can not be counted on.  

Good guy but I'll be thankful when that horrid contract is our rearview mirror.  

I'd like to see either a first or second round investment into the position and or a quality UFA addition. 

Just now, snackattack said:

This may have been talked about already, but whats not to like about frank clark? I only know him based on a handful of seahawks games i’ve watched the past few years and i have always been impressed.

The SEA guy? There's nothing not to like about how the guy plays football now. He had some domestic violence (?) kind of issues in college - which marred and made his drafting by SEA somewhat contentious - but to my knowledge, he's not repeated any of those actions since being in the league.

44 minutes ago, SSG said:

Was thinking about that today.  Our WR experience was our offense's biggest issue this year.  It's one of the reason's I advocated so hard for Dez Bryant this last offseason. 

I  agree that we pretty clearly made the wrong decision on which WR to cut.  Neither are great but Randall Cobb looked done.  He had the big play week one but pretty useless this year after that.  He looked as slow as any WR in the NFL this year and once again showed that he simply can not be counted on.  

Good guy but I'll be thankful when that horrid contract is our rearview mirror.  

I'd like to see either a first or second round investment into the position and or a quality UFA addition. 

Yeah, I see no reason to being Cobb back.  While I'd love to see a guy in the mold of Jennings/Theilen/Diggs- great route runners - I'm not sure I'd put WR on top of the needs of the front 7 or OL.

EQ and MVS clearly still have a long way to go, but I think a healthy Kumerow and Allison provide enough to win.  

Now, if we could somehow snag an Iowa TE in the 2nd round, I'd be tickled pink.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Yeah, I see no reason to being Cobb back.  While I'd love to see a guy in the mold of Jennings/Theilen/Diggs- great route runners - I'm not sure I'd put WR on top of the needs of the front 7 or OL.

EQ and MVS clearly still have a long way to go, but I think a healthy Kumerow and Allison provide enough to win.  

Now, if we could somehow snag an Iowa TE in the 2nd round, I'd be tickled pink.  

You think Fant slides to 2nd round? I don't see him making it out of round 1. 

Would love to get Adam Humphries or Golden Tate. I think having a savvy route runner in the slot will provide Rodgers insurance. Both Cobb and Graham struggled to create separation which causes Rodgers not to throw it in a tight spot.

The other player that I want to Packers to get is Earl Thomas. I know he had an injury and is getting up in age but I truly believe this guy would change our defense. He instincts and knowledge would cover up so many weaknesses. 

• Like 1