2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

I'm looking at getting a starting safety and a guard in free agency.

I'd attempt to resign Clay, for ~5-7 million per for a year or two, if not, get someone else and then obviously hammer OLB in the draft.  Brandon Graham could be a nice signing if we move on from Clay, someone to give us 2-4 years.

Also think Bulaga has looked good enough this year I wouldn't hesitate to keep him on his contract for next year, then ideally add a body or two for RT competition in the draft.

24 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Haha - I was trying to make it a little easier to read responses. Mighta overthunk it.

Yuck - Anyone know why he wasn't on the field on Sunday? I'm firmly planted in the Kumerow is a JAG camp.

I suspect the plan was to bring Kumerow up, but when Daniels got hurt, they brought up Looney instead. Now with Davis' hamstring injury, it will be interesting to see if Kumerow is brought up and Davis IRed. 

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Only way I pull the trigger on any of these is if the price is right, obviously. I just think our offense needs a solid #2 option and right now I think Jimmy Graham is #2 in targets.

None of those guys are really an improvement over what we have right now, and I'm not benching ESB or MVS to give any of those guys more reps.  Of those guys, only Tyrell Williams piques my interest.

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

I'm looking at getting a starting safety and a guard in free agency.

I'd attempt to resign Clay, for ~5-7 million per for a year or two, if not, get someone else and then obviously hammer OLB in the draft.  Brandon Graham could be a nice signing if we move on from Clay, someone to give us 2-4 years.

Also think Bulaga has looked good enough this year I wouldn't hesitate to keep him on his contract for next year, then ideally add a body or two for RT competition in the draft.

I'll pass on the guard in FA.  Jonathan Cooper got just a shade under $5M/year this past offseason.  He's now on his 5th team in six seasons.  Patrick Omameh just got $5M/year, and he got released a few weeks ago.  I'm just going to throw 2-3 bodies at the position, and hope something sticks.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'll pass on the guard in FA.  Jonathan Cooper got just a shade under $5M/year this past offseason.  He's now on his 5th team in six seasons.  Patrick Omameh just got $5M/year, and he got released a few weeks ago.  I'm just going to throw 2-3 bodies at the position, and hope something sticks.

This is where (potentially) the fact Madison dropped out this year may have hurt us. Cant say what he would have brought to the mix - but he was slated for the insided Guard position(s) as I recall.

Btw - do we still have the Kofi Amiche (sp) guy on the roster of has he disappeared entirely?

Just now, Leader said:

This is where (potentially) the fact Madison dropped out this year may have hurt us. Cant say what he would have brought to the mix - but he was slated for the insided Guard position(s) as I recall.

Btw - do we still have the Kofi Amiche (sp) guy on the roster of has he disappeared entirely?

No.  He's currently on the Ravens practice squad.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

None of those guys are really an improvement over what we have right now, and I'm not benching ESB or MVS to give any of those guys more reps.  Of those guys, only Tyrell Williams piques my interest.

I do love me some Tyrell Williams. He has so many tools and shouldn't be too expensive. 

• Like 1

Get a 2nd tier EDGE (Fowler, Golden, Barrett, Ray, Flowers, etc) a high end safety (if last year's market is similar, this is where the value is) and a young WR you think could turn it around with Rodgers as his QB (JJ Nelson is my pick, was a huge playmaker with Palmer as QB, fallen off the earth since).

Draft your future guard and pick up some rushers (interior and exterior) as well as a safety. Pray like hell MVS, EQ and Moore develop.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leader said:

What would be projected with this guy? What TE slot? 1,2,3..........? If he's a Rd 2 guy - it must be top of the line.
If its #1 - is it something (or not) that we're three straight years trying to figure out this position. Bennett's retirement (I guess) is the only unknown variable.

I think it depends on your offensive system.  Look no further than Ebron!  

I like Hock because he's pissed off when he blocks, so you actually are getting a dual threat player.  He has incredible hands and athleticism, as well as size.

I think he's slower than fant- not as fluid in his route running - but not by much.  He consistently made tough catches in big moments this year.

Fant is a guy that stretches a defense vertically and he challenges safeties.  He's a huge, gifted receiver.  

Hock is going to play h-back, in line, and he can split out if you need him to.  

I'm not sure who will go first, because they are like a 4-3 end vs a 3-4 OLB - totally depends on a team's offensive identity.  They should both be gone by the middle of the 2nd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

FA WR's I'd be interested in for the right price:

Quincy Enunwa
Robby Anderson
Devin Funchess
Tyrell Williams
John Brown
Kevin White
Cole Beasley 

I think all of these guys would be a decent #2 in our offense.

I would look at Beasley as a slot replacement for Cobb and PR/KR in for Davis.

Tyrell Williams could flourish if given snaps and targets.  I am sure @Cadmus could add more on him.

I'm actually fairly content with the offensive skill positions.  I think there's a lot of young talent to work with.  I'd focus on fixing the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Safety needs to be addressed, but I like the CB group if Breeland returns.  If we give Rodgers more time to throw and the opposing QB less time  to throw it will make a huge difference.  I don't know who will actually be available, but the trenches need to be addressed. 

• Like 1