2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Does anyone else get the vibe keeping Perry is still on the table? Considering  the 3-4 decent edge players are going to get 12-16m a year and they have guaranteed money still in Perry, it is possible. Perry has 9 million non guaranteed. On the open market, what would he get, like 1 year 5-7m?

Given how much he's due to count against the cap and how much he'd cost if we released him, I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion that they'd replace him anyways.  Snaps for he and Clay have to be replaced somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol guys the Jackson deal is for $10 miller per. for a total of 30 mil. No way we could have done that with the need to sign an EDGE.

Yea hard pass. If we put that kind of money into an IDL, it better be Sheldon Richardson. 

Frankly, if we were truly "in" on Jackson, may mean we intend to take a run at a Richardson/Suh type player. I'd be all over Richardson who was a force last year in Minnesota. His interior pass rush would be just as valuable as an upper-tier EDGE. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I forgot what it felt like to be used as leverage since it's been about a year.

I don't think we were used for leverage.  I just don't see the Packers looking to spend that much money on another DL.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think we were used for leverage.  I just don't see the Packers looking to spend that much money on another DL.

Yeah, I think there will be cases of that (Ingram) but Jackson wasn't. I suspect we were in on it until the price got too high.

Archived