2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, PACKRULE said:

ding ding ding winner winner chicken, you know the rest. Easy when you offer stupid money.

I mean, last year Nate Solder got 4 years, $62M and Trent Brown just got 4 years, $66M.  It's not hard to connect the dots.

All I want out of today is for Flowers, Z. Smith and P. Smith to sign massive unheard of ridiculous contracts with other teams so I can be like, "Lol, told you."  No, just kidding.  I just want them to get signed so we're not the team 3 years from now wondering how to get out of paying 15 million to a guy with 4 sacks in the past 2 years. 

We are all going to have to get used to these bigger numbers. Everyone wants guys for what they were signing for last year, but it just doesn't work that way. Is the player a good player, forget the money, you won't get anyone with what we, meaning the forum, are currently willing to spend.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

All I want out of today is for Flowers, Z. Smith and P. Smith to sign massive unheard of ridiculous contracts with other teams so I can be like, "Lol, told you."  No, just kidding.  I just want them to get signed so we're not the team 3 years from now wondering how to get out of paying 15 million to a guy with 4 sacks in the past 2 years. 

If we're only getting 4 sacks in 2 years out of any of those guys, you better be looking to fire Pettine and his whole staff. 

Just now, Norse65 said:

We are all going to have to get used to these bigger numbers. Everyone wants guys for what they were signing for last year, but it just doesn't work that way. Is the player a good player, forget the money, you won't get anyone with what we, meaning the forum, are currently willing to spend.

Agreed. The league just raised the salary cap and guys are getting 2-3 million more than we predict. It's an adjustment.

Archived