2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yea, but these guys are dying stars. You're going to pay them for past production that you're likely not going to see again? Maybe Houston, but Wake and Suggs would have to come at a huge discount for me and I don't think you'll see either take less than $10-11m. 

We have the 12th overall pick, which is going to be Burns/Sweat/Ferrell.  We don't need to get our future, we just need to get the next couple years until 12th overall is our guy. 

Just now, deathstar said:

Oh I forgot he wasn't a part of helping them achieve that ranking.

Really simple question...

Is it easier, harder or the same to get pressure when you have the number one defense in the NFL? 

Compare what Fackrell did with Campbell, Brice and whichever no name safeties/corners we had at the end of last year to what Z. Smith had.  If your coverage is holding up like the Ravens did, it's easier.  Obviously. 

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Not really. Rumor is he is asking for 30M over 2 years. Considering Safety is a need for us as well as Thomas is one of the best in that position, why not give him that 2 year deal.

I'm in!  A two year deal allows you to bail if you sense a decline is on the horizon.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

29 and coming off an ACL. No...

Broken leg, not an ACL. Moreover, we signed a 29-year old Charles Woodson who had had his share of leg/foot injuries in the past as well. That worked out pretty well...

ET is a true difference maker, probably the only one in free agency. Pay him if you get the chance. 

The #Packers had talks with recently released #Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson, but it appears he will be signing elsewhere, a source said. Unclear if the price got too high or he had a preferred team. #Packers were interested in meeting with him, but it didn't happen.

Lol.  We can't even get a player to meet with us. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Really simple question...

Is it easier, harder or the same to get pressure when you have the number one defense in the NFL? 

Compare what Fackrell did with Campbell, Brice and whichever no name safeties/corners we had at the end of last year to what Z. Smith had.  If your coverage is holding up like the Ravens did, it's easier.  Obviously. 

Really simple question... should we only use stats that you deem acceptable to determine the worth of a player?

Archived