2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

19 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

After many months of bitter war in the forum, we finally all agree on something. Earl Thomas at 2/30-ish would be good. Let the record show, we have finally found common ground amongst us all.

I guess the question is, who is going to be the first safety to get signed.  Since most guys in that group are going to get paid commensurate to the top guy.  So I'm not sure if I want to be the team that breaks the seal on the safety group.  Might be better to get 70% of the value for 20% of the price instead.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Doubtful lol

Now that just disappoints me. I was hoping to see Bell, AB, and OBJ all on the same team for the constant drama and eventual implosion... #grabyourpopcorn

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I had a google alert on my phone that GB was interested in Z Smith

guessin this has been covered by yous guys

they're in on every Edge player according to every post everywhere. i'm sure we'll do our diligence. It wouldn't surprise me to see us pull he trigger on one guy and then the rest will be a tier or two lower in FA. Then onto the draft. 10 picks yehaaa 6 i the first 118 players.

So, if Kwon gets 13.5m and mosley gets whatever he's gonna get, 

A) how much is Martinez going to cost, and 

B) what do we think about value for ilb now in the draft? Does this change anything at all? Not saying it does for me, just want to hear some opinions 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

So, if Kwon gets 13.5m and mosley gets whatever he's gonna get, 

A) how much is Martinez going to cost, and 

B) what do we think about value for ilb now in the draft? Does this change anything at all? Not saying it does for me, just want to hear some opinions 

Watch the Packers draft Devin White or Devin Bush and then let Blake leave town next year.  Blake is a good player, but I can't imagine there is much upside left there.  

Just now, JBURGE said:

Doesn't change anything for me.  Not as long as you can still find pro bowl to all-pro players there in the second round.  Until you can regularly find really good EDGE/DB/OT/DL in the second-third rounds at the rate you can find really good ILB/IOL/WR/TE in the second/third rounds, I'm not taking ILB in round one. 

Someone mentioned earlier that we should be keeping a close eye on Baltimore, Kansas and Redskins linebackers due to new staff members, Henrikson, Olivadotti and Smith.

That's basically a list of:

CJ Mosley
Za'Darius Smith
Dee Ford
Justin Houston 
Terrell Suggs
Preston Smith
Zach Brown
Mason Smith

It feels like there is a good chance we will land at least one of them.

Archived