2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Doesn't change anything for me.  Not as long as you can still find pro bowl to all-pro players there in the second round.  Until you can regularly find really good EDGE/DB/OT/DL in the second-third rounds at the rate you can find really good ILB/IOL/WR/TE in the second/third rounds, I'm not taking ILB in round one. 

I'm still in this boat, until the amount of players/athletes who will be able to play Mike in the new NFL are so scarce that they become drafted commonly in the 1st. The cost of the good ones is creeping up... 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm higher on Za'Darius than most. He'd be the one guy I'd pay a premium for because (a) he's an absolute animal, and (b) he can play both inside and out and is a perfect fit for Pettine's defense. I think he's on the rise. 

Flowers comes from NE which scares me. I wouldn't pay him. 

P. Smith doesn't move the needle for me either. 

So, I'm with you on 2 of the 3. 

I"m with you concerning Z. Smith.  I saw where he played in 16 games, but only started 8.  He could be the one who is breaking out.  Maybe he gets more sacks with more snaps.  

I can't find it easily on the internet.  Does anyone know where to go to find snaps played?  That would shed more light on Z. Smith.  Snaps low=good.  Snaps high=not so good.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I can't find it easily on the internet.  Does anyone know where to go to find snaps played?  That would shed more light on Z. Smith.  Snaps low=good.  Snaps high=not so good.

Smith had 8.5 sacks on 690 snaps. 
Fackrell had 10.5 on 623 snaps.
Matt Judon had 7.0 sacks on 673 snaps.

Zadarious Smith is not who any of you think he is. 

He had 3.5 sacks on 532 snaps last year. 

The difference between last year and this year is he sold out for the sacks this year as every impending free agent pass rusher does. 

Lest you all forget Erik Walden had 11 sacks in his contract year with the Colts. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't know if they have the dough in place, but the Bears are trying to nab Leveon Bell.  I wouldn't be real thrilled if that happened.

Don't know how that's physically possible with their lack of cap space, but if they signed him, they'd surely lose Amos, Callahan and probably Trevathan and maybe one more defender to do it.  Let them do it.  The Bears are going to live or die by their defense the next two years, so if they're going to make their defense worse to put their life in the hands of their offense, I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

The difference between last year and this year is he sold out for the sacks this year as every impending free agent pass rusher does. 

Lest you all forget Erik Walden had 11 sacks in his contract year with the Colts. 

Where did you get that snap count?

If you have time, how many snaps did Von Miller play?  I only ask because he plays a ton, and I'm unsure if 690 snaps is a lot, or a little.  

I don't know enough about Z. Smith to know what he is, or is not.

What I do know is that I'd rather take 2 edge kids in the draft.  Sign a safety or two.  Sign a DL that still has a little youth so that we can pair someone with Clark down the road.

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I"m with you concerning Z. Smith.  I saw where he played in 16 games, but only started 8.  He could be the one who is breaking out.  Maybe he gets more sacks with more snaps.  

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

66% of Baltimore’s defense snaps last season.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You might want to watch the Ravens D. Man played hard as hell against the run too. Now I dont think he has a huge upside as a pass rusher but he definitely is more consistent than Fackrell. It's not like Zad was just a designated PR. He was just in a rotation of the guys.

Going up to 12m would be tough for me. Going past it would be a deal breaker. And I'd guess Perry is gone if that happens.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Where did you get that snap count?

If you have time, how many snaps did Von Miller play?  I only ask because he plays a ton, and I'm unsure if 690 snaps is a lot, or a little.  

I don't know enough about Z. Smith to know what he is, or is not.

What I do know is that I'd rather take 2 edge kids in the draft.  Sign a safety or two.  Sign a DL that still has a little youth so that we can pair someone with Clark down the road.

When judging pass rushers it’s better to use pressures than sacks.

Archived