2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Smith had 8.5 sacks on 690 snaps. 
Fackrell had 10.5 on 623 snaps.
Matt Judon had 7.0 sacks on 673 snaps.

Zadarious Smith is not who any of you think he is. 

Someone else put it together where they showed Fack's pressures though, and he had a very high % of sacks related to pressures. Which is both a good and a bad thing.

Sacks aren't everything, need to include pressures, TFL, etc

10 hours ago, 66PinG said:

I guess I must be ignorant.

31 teams would not part with even a 7th round pick to trade for Houston at 2/32 and no G money.

But, everyone believes that these same teams are now going to pay the man ~15M per plus guaranteed and a signing bonus?

I just don't see it happening.

But, like I said, I must be ignorant.

Agreed. GM's must believe they can get him for a decent amount cheaper if they weren't willing to trade anything for him and avoid the guaranteed money. 

I see Houston more in the 7-10 million per year range. I see him being closer to 3/27 or 3/30 compared to making 15 million a year. He isn't the same Houston of 4 years ago, He had a solid season but he is slowing down and benefited a lot from Dee Ford and Chris Jones being very good. 

I understand the cap is going up and teams overpay for Edge guys but It is pretty hard seeing him get 15 million per year. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Someone else put it together where they showed Fack's pressures though, and he had a very high % of sacks related to pressures. Which is both a good and a bad thing.

How dare they disrespect the Stormin' Mormon!

Just now, Victor1124 said:

Agreed. GM's must believe they can get him for a decent amount cheaper if they weren't willing to trade anything for him and avoid the guaranteed money. 

I see Houston more in the 7-10 million per year range. I see him being closer to 3/27 or 3/30 compared to making 15 million a year. He isn't the same Houston of 4 years ago, He had a solid season but he is slowing down and benefited a lot from Dee Ford and Chris Jones being very good. 

I understand the cap is going up and teams overpay for Edge guys but It is pretty hard seeing him get 15 million per year. 

If that is his value, I would hope that GB could get him and then give him incentives to push him up another $5M a year based on games played/sacks/honors...etc.  Let him earn his way up to $15M or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah I fully expect Fackrell to go back to really bad in 2019.

Archived