2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Saw this move coming for a while. Connection to Patricia. Loss of Ansah. Lions needed a big splash to try to catch up in the division. 

Could help them pass on an EDGE before GB, no?

Shefter says Flowers deal is worth 16- 17 mill... That's honestly not as bad as i was thinking it could be.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yea I think DET will be looking OL, IDL or CB at No. 8 (or a trade back). Could be Oliver or Greedy Williams there. 

Has to be Greedy Williams before Oliver. That secondary is pretty thin.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Saw this move coming for a while. Connection to Patricia. Loss of Ansah. Lions needed a big splash to try to catch up in the division. 

We need to catch up as well. I am ok waiting out the 1st day of FA but I am honestly worried about this season. I want to be optimistic but as things stand now, we are looking at an unproven head coach, a defense with below average to bad pass rush, a secondary than needs safety help and abysmal special teams.

Maybe LaFleur turns the offense around but Rodgers needs more help than just Adams on offense as well. I am going to see how the FA and draft pans out before getting too upset but really hoping we get some proven help before the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

looking at these deals and i no longer want to sign anyone 

Same every year Fin, there will be some good players available still in the 2nd and 3rd tier. We have a good team, we just need to plug some holes and we need to really have a good draft. 6 guys in the top 118 helps.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

ILB: What are our thoughts on Mark Barron and Deone Bucannon?

Nickle defence is actually now the new base defence. Nickle requires a LB/S hybrid to be quick enough to cover TE and big enough to stop the run. That particular position is now standard and is required in today's NFL.

I wanted the Packers to draft Deion Jones but instead they went for Spriggs. The next year we finally filled this position with Josh Jones but unfortunately he hasn't done a whole lot so far.

If the Packers chooses to do so they can make up for their draft mistake by targeting the likes of Barron, Bucannon and IIoka.

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

looking at these deals and i no longer want to sign anyone 

Its definitely scary. You either overpay for proven players who have good chance in helping you out immediately. Or you wait till later in FA and get fillers hoping they can rebound and find a new gear in GB.

The Collins contract is insane. Thats why if you can get ET on a 2 year contract, you go for it. I hate New England with a passion but I really like the way they are aggressive about trades and risky picks in the draft. That is how you land good to elite talent.

GB's drafting has not been impressive over the last few years so one would think they would be more aggressive in FA and/or trades to get talent. But they have been neither. I am worried about the future of our team. Maybe things change around with BG but we still have Ted Thompson in the background. Not sure how much of a role he plays but our drafting and FA still is pretty aligned with his old philosophies.

Archived