2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Crazy money comes from bidding. No one can contact Ford but the team who gets him. Id offer him 4/70 in a heartbeat.

I've seen the stats but did Dee Ford get super good when I was asleep last year? I remember having KC in a mock off season thing the year after he got 10 sacks and not thinking he was very good after watching a few games. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Crazy money comes from bidding. No one can contact Ford but the team who gets him. Id offer him 4/70 in a heartbeat.

Not saying he would, but couldn't he say kiss my grits and play on the tag if you don't get him an insane sum if he wants it?

IDK if this negotiate by way of taking everyone hostage works. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I've seen the stats but did Dee Ford get super good when I was asleep last year? I remember having KC in a mock off season thing the year after he got 10 sacks and not thinking he was very good after watching a few games. 

Only saw a few Chiefs games and I remember Justin Houston being completely invisible during the AFCCG. Did not affect the game at all. Was he hurt?

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

They were the only team in on Foles and wanted to offer a fair deal to be the leader of that team per NFL network. Deal could be worth up to $102m

So are guys not going to look to a guy as a leader unless he's getting paid more than they are? I'm not sure that holds water.

So the Lions appear to have been the most aggressive so far in free agency. 

I still want the Packers to get an EDGE rusher and a safety, but remember, the winner in 'free agency' never wins the season. This year will be no exception. 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

So are guys not going to look to a guy as a leader unless he's getting paid more than they are? I'm not sure that holds water.

I've never been in that situation so I don't know. I carry a gun instead

I don't know which I like better;

FA day one when with Gute- rumors flying around saying we are interested in someone but not landing guys

or

FA day one with TT- knowing you won't get anyone

I feel like Gute is listening to both the fans and TT. Be interesting for news but not aggressive for TT.

Archived