2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

11 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m not saying it is the be all end all, but it is a thing. There are several examples;

-Woodson- we were the only team that thought he could still played corner, Tampa thought he was a safety. It is public knowledge he wasn’t happy to come here at first.

- Chris Canty- chose less money for New York 

-Jennings got a similar offer from us, went to MN (too bad, he could have stuck in the league a few more years just based on chemistry with AR).

I love Wisco, but at 25-30, GB would have to pay me an extra 15% percent over the next offer or give security in ad advance (mid season deal)

That's fine, but I'm not paying that extra. It makes it a bad deal.

10 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m not saying it is the be all end all, but it is a thing. There are several examples;

-Woodson- we were the only team that thought he could still played corner, Tampa thought he was a safety. It is public knowledge he wasn’t happy to come here at first.

- Chris Canty- chose less money for New York 

-Jennings got a similar offer from us, went to MN (too bad, he could have stuck in the league a few more years just based on chemistry with AR).

I love Wisco, but at 25-30, GB would have to pay me an extra 15% percent over the next offer or give security in ad advance (mid season deal)

Incorrect again.

Jennings did not get a similar  offer from the Packers at the time of his signing... Previously the Packers actually offered more money then pulled it... And, if Jennings didn't like "Wisco", why did he sign his first extension?

Canty liked NY, he passed on other teams as well.

When did Woodson say he "he wasn't happy to come here at first"?

It was good you dropped the spin on White, you were way off there.

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Incorrect again.

Jennings did not get a similar  offer from the Packers at the time of his signing... Previously the Packers actually offered more money then pulled it... And, if Jennings didn't like "Wisco", why did he sign his first extension?

Jennings- his first extension came in June before a season (getting guaranteed money, hedging against injury). After signing with MN he said quality of life was a factor.

Woodson- this is very well known. At the time he was signed, he was seen as Nick Perry injury waiting to happen player. We legitimately were the only team offering him big money and the opportunity to play corner. Here is one article. It is an easy topic to find.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=3200036&src=desktop

Canty- it was down to us and NY at the end

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bears going after Bell?

All you're doing is pushing salary when you do that. Leaves you room for short term deals, not to sign anyone for the long term. They still have to pay Mediocre Mitch so I highly highly doubt they are in on Bell.

33 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Incorrect again.

Yeah, go check out Charles Woodson, a football life on NFL Network. He said it himself. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

All you're doing is pushing salary when you do that. Leaves you room for short term deals, not to sign anyone for the long term. They still have to pay Mediocre Mitch so I highly highly doubt they are in on Bell.

Please, please please, let the Bears go after Le'veon Bell. Sat out last year and the amount of touches he's had over the previous years, his legs are about toast. 

Somebody is going to make a catastrophic mistake on this clown and I hope it's the Bears! Maybe 18-19 million a year too! 

17 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Jennings- his first extension came in June before a season (getting guaranteed money, hedging against injury). After signing with MN he said quality of life was a factor.

Woodson- this is very well known. At the time he was signed, he was seen as Nick Perry injury waiting to happen player. We legitimately were the only team offering him big money and the opportunity to play corner. Here is one article. It is an easy topic to find.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=3200036&src=desktop

Canty- it was down to us and NY at the end

Jennings was bitter the Packers didn't offer a better contract and bellyached a lot/ Look up his recent comments and he apologizes for his actions... Good spin on the first extension.

Woodson's comments about Green Bay's black culture are well known and not liking being held accountable for discipline. I just wanted to know when he said he wasn't happy coming here and how that was a Wisco thing.

For current business, what players turned down more money from the Packers to sign with another team on Monday?

Archived