2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I was done with Morgan B. when he sat down with that interception against Seattle. I don't care who was telling him to. He keeps running and he might score, at the very least he sets up the game clinching field goal. He's the perfect example of soft, play not to lose, defense. We need hard nosed players that will play to win. 

That wasn't even Burnett. 

Edit: nvm. It was. Thought Dix had two that game

Edited by smetana34

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I was done with Morgan B. when he sat down with that interception against Seattle. I don't care who was telling him to. He keeps running and he might score, at the very least he sets up the game clinching field goal. He's the perfect example of soft, play not to lose, defense. We need hard nosed players that will play to win. 

Morgan Burnett was never soft.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He;s missed 15 games in the past four seasons ... seems he's always dealing with some muscle strain of some sort.  

I don't want him anymore. He wasn't 'that' hurt here. Yes he dealt with ****. So does every box safety that size. There's just no perspective.

It's not important but we exaggerate so bad about ex players because we just want new new because we never got them for years. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Everybody's soft. Haven't you heard?

I'm so confused how he sucked AND be was soft and he was always hurt. People are capable of convincing themselves of anything.

When your aren't a huge game changer every week, every year, all career, you are trash. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm so confused how he sucked AND be was soft and he was always hurt. People are capable of convincing themselves of anything.

When your aren't a huge game changer every week, every year, all career, you are trash. 

Thanks for finally recognizing that point. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

We like to use the AJ Hawk comparison around here. Burnett kind of fits that bill. He was dependable, an average athlete as far as a safety goes, and overall a steady yet not very impactful player.

Either way, I don't see the fit with the 2019 Packers unless you're just cutting Josh Jones. 

Edited by packfanfb

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Is Burnett a solid tackler? I'd say definitely not.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Morgan-Burnett-missed-only-two-tackles-last-season-per-PFF-119348273/

sucks dix at tacklin doe

"he was the most efficient tackling safety in football last season. "

That was with us, his last year. Sure you want to say DEFINITELY not? Or do all you clowns still live in your bizarro world where every other team has never ****ed up or missed a tackle and all our players are trash who **** up 5x than any other team. ****'s ******* exhausting with you insane people.

55 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How are we defining soft? Is Burnett a big hitter? I'd say definitely not. Is Burnett a solid tackler? I'd say definitely not.

Burnett was definitely a good tackler, not sure what you were watching.

HHCD is soft, Damarious Randall is soft. If you shy away from sticking your nose in there, you're a soft player. That was never Morgan Burnett.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We like to use the AJ Hawk comparison around here. Burnett kind of fits that bill. He was dependable, an average athlete as far as a safety goes, and overall a steady yet not very impactful player.

Either way, I don't see the fit with the 2019 Packers unless you're just cutting Josh Jones. 

Burnett is an excellent athlete for a S, 4.5 40, 40" vert, 3.92 SS & sub 6.9 3 cone. 

You're doing an excellent job of proving @Norm's point. If Burnett played his entire career for Pitt you'd be giddy about him. Instead you all spew misinformed junk because he's a former Packer.

• Like 2

How many people really wanted Burnett to leave last year if money wasn’t the issue? He got lined up in all sorts of situations that left him in spots where he had to make open field tackles. That shows athletic ability and toughness right there! I don’t recall him ever playing two hand touch out there, he made tackles and had good agility, to me his biggest short coming(speed) was exasperated because the entire defense was slow and what position do we see on the tv when a slower defender gets burned? The safety trying to come over and make a play from even further away!

this made me think of Nick Collins, he could of been a hall of famer 😔

Burnett was an average-above average safety for most of his career here. People decided he was bad because he didn't put up numbers*. I can't speak to the quality of his play now because I haven't watched enough Steelers ball.

*He did put up numbers, just not INT numbers