2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Burnett is an excellent athlete for a S, 4.5 40, 40" vert, 3.92 SS & sub 6.9 3 cone. 

You're doing an excellent job of proving @Norm's point. If Burnett played his entire career for Pitt you'd be giddy about him. Instead you all spew misinformed junk because he's a former Packer.

If he played his entire career in Pitt not many people here would even know his name without looking him up. He's always been an average player, I'm not dogging the guy, not every Packer is a superstar. The only reason you're defending him so hard is because he was a Packer. 

2 hours ago, Norm said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Morgan-Burnett-missed-only-two-tackles-last-season-per-PFF-119348273/

sucks dix at tacklin doe

"he was the most efficient tackling safety in football last season. "

That was with us, his last year. Sure you want to say DEFINITELY not? Or do all you clowns still live in your bizarro world where every other team has never ****ed up or missed a tackle and all our players are trash who **** up 5x than any other team. ****'s ******* exhausting with you insane people.

Quoting 247sports now? Cmon Norm. How'd that work out for Pitt? Burnett played so well at safety, they removed him from that position, put him at LB and he played a total of 390 snaps, all while earning a whopping $1 mil base salary. 

Regardless, the only person who's associated him with the word "trash" is you. I said he's average, which is what he is and was with us most years. I'm not burning him at the stake, just not interested in having him back.

And yea, definitely was not a solid tackler. Maybe his stats were better in 2017 when he played mostly LB by that point in our defense. I'll fully admit Burnett was always a better player the closer he played to the LOS. 

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If he played his entire career in Pitt not many people here would even know his name without looking him up. He's always been an average player, I'm not dogging the guy, not every Packer is a superstar. The only reason you're defending him so hard is because he was a Packer. 

Morgan Burnett has a higher career AV than the average #1 overall pick

http://www.footballperspective.com/creating-a-draft-value-chart-part-ii/

lol @ "average" player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Even if Burnett is/was just average, he's head and shoulders above Josh Jones and Kentrell Brice.

We need players pure and simple even if they are "average".  Can't have another season of the retreads we had as safeties last year.  

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Burnett is an excellent athlete for a S, 4.5 40, 40" vert, 3.92 SS & sub 6.9 3 cone. 

You're doing an excellent job of proving @Norm's point. If Burnett played his entire career for Pitt you'd be giddy about him. Instead you all spew misinformed junk because he's a former Packer.

It's 1000% true. We'd be all over his nuts if he was never here. Maybe not Lang but Burnett I think so. We talk about Tre Boston and guys like that all the time. If Boston is an ex packer nobody wants him back either

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

We need players pure and simple even if they are "average".  Can't have another season of the retreads we had as safeties last year.  

Can we get a one year moratorium on the word “retread”? It doesn’t seem to mean anything anymore. 

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's 1000% true. We'd be all over his nuts if he was never here. Maybe not Lang but Burnett I think so. We talk about Tre Boston and guys like that all the time. If Boston is an ex packer nobody wants him back either

For the record, I want Hayward, Hyde and Randall back and I think they are ex-Packers. 

Edited by packfanfb

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For the record, I want Hayward, Hyde and Randall back and I think they are ex-Packers. 

We'd take back the guy who quit on our secondary but not the guy who led it. Got it.

Randall is the opposite of the usual scenario. Everyone hated him here, then he left and suddenly he's this All-Pro. He was nothing more than average last year.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Burnett is having injury problems later on in his career.  It's not the right idea to grab the falling knife that is Burnett right now.

It's the kind of low risk vet move the Patriots do all the time. He's going to get 1-2 years for 2-3m per. There's no risk to it not panning out.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's the kind of low risk vet move the Patriots do all the time. He's going to get 1-2 years for 2-3m per. There's no risk to it not panning out.

well, I like taking chances on an injured player when they have real upside to their game.  I just don't see burnett as more than a steady eddie type player, and one who would have to come in and learn a new system to boot.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unless the GB S & C staff is turned over, bringing back Burnett and expecting him to stay healthy for 12+ games seems foolish.