2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

10 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I wonder what type of player Cole Madison is/would be. I hope the best for him personally, but there's no doubt his absence has been a little tough. Just a situation to use a pick and get 0 and have no clue what it's going to look like going forward.

At this point, if they get anything out of Cole Madison I'd chalk it up as a win.  We haven't heard anything, so I wouldn't count on him being here next year.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
20 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I wonder what type of player Cole Madison is/would be. I hope the best for him personally, but there's no doubt his absence has been a little tough. Just a situation to use a pick and get 0 and have no clue what it's going to look like going forward.

At this point, if they get anything out of Cole Madison I'd chalk it up as a win.  We haven't heard anything, so I wouldn't count on him being here next year.

I think if the IOL was needing Cole Madison to be a key piece, things were not in a good situation to start with.   He was a 4 round pick, it was likely he was going to need to some time to acclimate to the NFL game.

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think if the IOL was needing Cole Madison to be a key piece, things were not in a good situation to start with.   He was a 4 round pick, it was likely he was going to need to some time to acclimate to the NFL game.

LIS, at this point if he even shows up to camp next year I'll be stoked.  I honestly can't remember a player who skipped the entire year (that wasn't because of injury) and came back to play.  He's definitely not in NFL shape by any means.  Add in a year off and we'd be lucky if he's one of our top 8 (or 9) OL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I thought his stance looked different.  Like he worked really hard on dropping his butt and keeping his back straight.  He looked a lot like Bulaga out there.  More balanced.  Given another year of strength training and I think he could be a competent right tackle.  

I quoted all of these because it is by far the first time there has been this much GOOD said about him at any one time.  :)

IIRC I tried to share the optimism about Spriggs. He just needed to find a spot and get the reps. He's just too good an athlete. Moving Bulaga inside would double down on Spriggs improving also.  Things might be coming together...….the Outpost prophecy.

The 2018 Free Agency thread is history (closed) - time to begin discussing free agent prospects for 2019.  It’s never too early to discuss how to fill some of our needs (holes sounded too dirty) with potential free agents set to hit the market.  

Notable positions of need that could be filled through FA are safety and linebacker, though I suppose we might find an edge prospect or Oline also, but more likely in the draft.  

Here’s to 500 pages or more of great discussion, and hopefully some outstanding acquisitions!

• Like 3

When Sasquatch goes back and reads all of this in October of next year, let it be known that the following are the players I wanted us to sign:

Adam Humphries
Rishard Matthews

Tyler Eiffert
Tyler Kroft

Ramon Foster
Matt Slauson

Mario Edwards
Cameron Wake
Brian Orakpo
Terrell Suggs
Margus Hunt
Derrick Morgan

Earl Thomas
Kareem Jackson
Adrian Phillips
Tre Boston

Those players are the players where the cost will line up with their value and production next year.  I don't see any big name free agents other than Earl Thomas that are going to be worth what they get paid.  We don't need a major super duper star in free agency anyway.  Two to three of those players changes our team enough to go into the draft with the expectation of getting at least two starters with our first two picks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Nevermind on this -- Spotrac shows him as a Free agent in 2019 but when you click his name he's signed through 2020. Weird.

He's under contract for 2019. He's a UFA in 2020 - by which time he'll be long gone IMO.
Oh - cancel this comment. Thought you were referring to Nelson.
Never mind :)

Edited by Leader

• 2 weeks later...