Bye Week Musings

brooks1957

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-10

Good to see the Oline has settled in and reclaimed a spot in the top ten at number 7, and before anyone buries Desmond Harrison, he and Robinson have almost an identical Pass protection grade this season. I think a portion of it is Baker's play, combined with our scheme, in getting the ball out in a more reasonable amount of time.

Plus the line has gotten more time to gel. Plus we're running more effectively.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-10

Good to see the Oline has settled in and reclaimed a spot in the top ten at number 7, and before anyone buries Desmond Harrison, he and Robinson have almost an identical Pass protection grade this season. I think a portion of it is Baker's play, combined with our scheme, in getting the ball out in a more reasonable amount of time.

Just gonna quote this to pat myself on the back for saying our OL was just fine and we don’t need first round picks across the whole line.

Way to go me.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just gonna quote this to pat myself on the back for saying our OL was just fine and we don’t need first round picks across the whole line.

Way to go me.

Box score scouting at its finest. Don't trust anything from pff. Smdh.

8 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

How much of the recent non-failure has been the result of playing two subpar defensive lines, though? I just needa see this type of effort against some more heralded D-lines before I'm ready to say our O-line is set. This is still encouraging, and I think the factors you listed are worth noting as well.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Buhbbard hasn't sucked for a whole, it could because he is playing c/b linemen.

It's too bad for him we don't need a guard. Watching him play closely, I think he could be a better guard, like top 20 OG in the league. He left Pittsburgh where he had two plus, established guards in front of him, and then came here to two plus guards. Oh, well. Even if we upgrade at RT next season, I don't think his signing would amount to being a waste. He was the Oline super sub in Pittsburgh and he can be that here, which is extremely valuable IMO.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

It's too bad for him we don't need a guard. Watching him play closely, I think he could be a better guard, like top 20 OG in the league. He left Pittsburgh where he had two plus, established guards in front of him, and then came here to two plus guards. Oh, well. Even if we upgrade at RT next season, I don't think his signing would amount to being a waste. He was the Oline super sub in Pittsburgh and he can be that here, which is extremely valuable IMO.

The last few years have shown me how special the tackle positions are, you have to be both massive and have exceptional mobility and balance. 

It ia worth holding onto sea for a few years because he has the potential for both the movement part and the balance part, he just needs to be more massive. 

Robinson is massive but doesn’t always the movement skills or the balance.

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The last few years have shown me how special the tackle positions are, you have to be both massive and have exceptional mobility and balance. 

It ia worth holding onto sea for a few years because he has the potential for both the movement part and the balance part, he just needs to be more massive. 

Robinson is massive but doesn’t always the movement skills or the balance.

True about Robinson, but Bob Wylie has seriously worked some magic with that kid. He's never come close to looking this good before. He's becoming a legitimate LT before our eyes. If he maintains, we need to lock him up with a new, incentive laden contract. He literally just turned 26 days ago, and the tackle position in this coming draft is uninspiring. 

The thought of bypassing superior talent to fill a need makes me sick, and that is what would be happening if we take a first round OT in 2019. This draft is loaded with Dlinemen. It's like the 2014 draft with WRs. Everyone who bypassed a WR from that generational group has gone on to regret it since. I know we have.

This year's WR group is, for lack of a better word, interesting. Lotta guys with big potential but also, big questions. I've heard this group be described as awful by some and stacked by others. Several lotto pick types with big time boom or bust potential.

Archived