Bye Week Musings

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think Robinson’s success has come more from kitchens quick hitting system. No more 7 step drops or long developing passing plays. 

Agreed, the ball has been coming out quick in general and he’s also moved the pocket at times.

Hue/Haley and their schemes were far more of an issue than the OL.  Said it then, I’ll say it now.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think Robinson’s success has come more from kitchens quick hitting system. No more 7 step drops or long developing passing plays. 

Yeah, but he also has been an asset in the run game as well. The great thing about it is we have another 6 games to evaluate him moving forward, even still I think Harrison is the future, an offseason to get stronger and grown will benefit him more than anyone on the team.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, but he also has been an asset in the run game as well. The great thing about it is we have another 6 games to evaluate him moving forward, even still I think Harrison is the future, an offseason to get stronger and grown will benefit him more than anyone on the team.

Robinson has been better in the run game due to strength and size alone IMO. He struggled getting tot he second level with balance. He gets his weight out in front of him and becomes easy for LBs to evade. He is not dominant on the ground just rock solid and doesn't have a killer instinct. His pass protection has actually been worse than Harrison is you just watch the first 2 seconds or so of the play. Robison isn't nearly as smooth in his kickslide and doesn't have the quickness to recover from a bad start or against a counter. He is stronger on contact and the Browns are getting the ball out over 1.5 seconds faster or Robinson would have near identical Sack/Hit/Pressure numbers IMO.

Desmond Harrison is the far more aggressive player. He has a killer instinct. I believe he wants to bury guys in the run game but he doesn't have the brute strength or imposing size to do it. I like his demeanor for and offensive lineman better. It is all going to come down to how hard he wants to work on his eating habits and the weight room. And, yes, eating enough to gain good weight is hard work.  Honestly it takes more dedication than the weight room itself.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

More like a murderer in the run game man has he opened some holes especially when gets a running start against some body that needs to hold his position 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, TheeRealDeal said:

Robinson has been better in the run game due to strength and size alone IMO. He struggled getting tot he second level with balance. He gets his weight out in front of him and becomes easy for LBs to evade. He is not dominant on the ground just rock solid and doesn't have a killer instinct. His pass protection has actually been worse than Harrison is you just watch the first 2 seconds or so of the play. Robison isn't nearly as smooth in his kickslide and doesn't have the quickness to recover from a bad start or against a counter. He is stronger on contact and the Browns are getting the ball out over 1.5 seconds faster or Robinson would have near identical Sack/Hit/Pressure numbers IMO.

Desmond Harrison is the far more aggressive player. He has a killer instinct. I believe he wants to bury guys in the run game but he doesn't have the brute strength or imposing size to do it. I like his demeanor for and offensive lineman better. It is all going to come down to how hard he wants to work on his eating habits and the weight room. And, yes, eating enough to gain good weight is hard work.  Honestly it takes more dedication than the weight room itself.

I think Harrison being in a NFL weight program for a whole season will help a lot too. I hope he is the answer at LT for the future but I'm not 100% sold yet and need to see him get better all around the last 6 games. It would make the draft a lot more predictable if we didnt need a LT imo. 

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think Harrison being in a NFL weight program for a whole season will help a lot too. I hope he is the answer at LT for the future but I'm not 100% sold yet and need to see him get better all around the last 6 games. It would make the draft a lot more predictable if we didnt need a LT imo. 

I am not sold yet either. I am more sold on him than Greg Robinson though. I do like them both enough to not move on completely though. I would love to draft an OT and then let Harrison, Hubbard, Robinson and Rookie battle it out for the starting positions and the other 2 kept as depth.

19 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think Harrison being in a NFL weight program for a whole season will help a lot too.

People always say this and I have now clue what they mean.

Like do y’all believe nfl strength coaches have some secret way of holding a barbell that no other strength coaches or lifters know that gets uber gains? 😝 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People always say this and I have now clue what they mean.

Like do y’all believe nfl strength coaches have some secret way of holding a barbell that no other strength coaches or lifters know that gets uber gains? 😝 

He’s a little light and needs to add strength. He needs to get in any weight room and a proper diet (milkshakes and cheeseburgers has worked for me recently)

43 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He’s a little light and needs to add strength. He needs to get in any weight room and a proper diet (milkshakes and cheeseburgers has worked for me recently)

I’m sure he’s been in the weight room, that’s my point. Whether you’re bulking or cutting, results happen in the kitchen. Dirty bulking is fine, but it just adds more weight you’ll have to cut later, which would be of no concern to him.

Access to better nutrition and gaining his natural “man body” are gonna be keys for him, no doubt.  The idea of an “nfl weight program” has always just been funny to me, they don’t do anything different.

Archived