Preseason WK2: Rams vs Raiders

tim199009

Watching the replay now, I was at a baseball game. This is a very rewarding watch. Goff has looked very good. Gurley is running well, hitting the holes and following his blocking while not going down on first contact. The OLine has been very good, Mack's one sack that sent the Raiders announcers into a state of collective orgasm was against 2 TE and neither are known for their blocking. All Kupp does is make plays. Defense for missing at least half our starters has been good in the first half. This referee might be worse than Millen which is an accomplishment.

So very happy so far with our draft's performance, haven't watched the 2nd half yet though. 

I just saw the game. Well it's been a long time i haven't seen an offense playing like this. You can see the real assignment by a real OC and by competent staff. It feels good not having 3&out everytime we play on offense :o 

Kupp looks like Amendola and it's the clear blanket fot Goff. I'm impressed by Everett and his ability to gain yards after catch. Gurley seems to gain his old form. 

Goff looks good but i'm still skeptical about his ability to throw pass above 10 yards when he has time in the pocket. The TD to Kupp was "easy" and i think he threw a big pass to Woods or Kupp again. He also threw a possible TD to Watkins but the safety made a big play. But after that it was a little bit conservative. Obviously Watkins was nowhere to be seen...but i hope it's just a disguise from MCVay and that the playbook will open up in the regular season. 

But the most impressibe drive for me was the last drive by Mannion with a TD for Reynolds ! That throw and catch, that's what i liked the most during this game, specially it was under pressure to have the winning drive on line. 

I would like to see Goff doing that in the 1st regular season game and then, i would be confident on him. 

Archived