Sshhhh, don't tell me how the second half ends...

vike daddy

I only view the Patriots game as a certain loss, but I imagine they will lose at least 1 more than that, if not 2., which would put them at a 9-6-1 to 10-5-1 record, which should be good enough to get a WC bid at least, if not the division.  They need to take care of the divisional games and we'll see where it goes from there.  

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I only view the Patriots game as a certain loss, but I imagine they will lose at least 1 more than that, if not 2., which would put them at a 9-6-1 to 10-5-1 record, which should be good enough to get a WC bid at least, if not the division.  They need to take care of the divisional games and we'll see where it goes from there.  

Not sure that one is a loss. This is hardly an elite New England team, and the Pats have a decent trend of losing at home to a solid NFC team (Panthers in 2017, Seahawks in 2016 and Eagles in 2015). I'm not saying the Vikings will win that game, but to be honest every game on here the Vikings could win or lose. That said the next 4 games are the big ones, because the team should win their final 3 games.

Just now, Nozizaki said:

Not sure that one is a loss. This is hardly an elite New England team, and the Pats have a decent trend of losing at home to a solid NFC team (Panthers in 2017, Seahawks in 2016 and Eagles in 2015). I'm not saying the Vikings will win that game, but to be honest every game on here the Vikings could win or lose. That said the next 4 games are the big ones, because the team should win their final 3 games.

It doesn't matter than the Patriots are not elite.  The Vikings have never beaten Tom Brady (and only 1 time were they even within 1 score) and have only won in New England twice in their entire history, with one being when the Patriots still were known as the Boston Patriots.  I give them less than a 10% chance to win in New England.  

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't see it as a certain loss at all.

Brady looks extremely middle of the road (1 TD pass in his past 3 games....4 TD passes in his past 4 games).  We saw what a good Tennessee defense did to Brady with an interior rush. Brady was running right into the DT when trying to step into the pocket to avoid the edge rushers and Tennessee went into the game with 23 sacks compared to our 31.

Their defense is 25th in the league in total yards. They still might be without Gronk even after the bye.

If we can tackle James White & Edelman on the short passes they throw and not let them YAC it up, we'll be fine. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

It doesn't matter than the Patriots are not elite.  The Vikings have never beaten Tom Brady (and only 1 time were they even within 1 score) and have only won in New England twice in their entire history, with one being when the Patriots still were known as the Boston Patriots.  I give them less than a 10% chance to win in New England.  

The last time we played the Patriots was when the Patriots were ELITE in 2014 and they won the Super Bowl. The time before that in 2010, the Patriots were 14-2. So just because we lost to an elite Patriots team in 2010 & 2014, we can't beat a lesser Patriots team in 2018 who was just embarrassed by a .500 team? What kind of logic is that?

You can't look back at the Vikings history and say "Well they can't beat New England in 2018 because they didn't beat an elite Tom Brady and a Super Bowl winning team in 2014 and lost to a 14-2 team in 2010."

Like I said in the post above, Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady right now and they have the 25th overall defense. Brady looked like a rookie against Tennessee with the pressure packages they brought with a big interior rush. Even going back two weeks, Brady has played 1 quarter of good football against the Patriots who have a questionable secondary and looked miserable vs. Tennessee.

Will it be an easy game? No. But it's not like it's an impossible game to win like you're saying.

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

1zmfkaw.jpg

how will the Vikings fare in the second half of the 2018 regular season...?

Besides Miami (should be an good W), I don't see a game on the schedule that makes me think "Welp, we're probably not going to win that one." Nor do I see a game that makes me think "Oh that's an easy W!"

Here's what I think:

Bears-L
Packers-W
Patriots-L
Seattle-W
Miami-W
Detroit-W
Chicago-W

10-5-1....2nd in division, 1st wild card

42 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The last time we played the Patriots was when the Patriots were ELITE in 2014 and they won the Super Bowl. The time before that in 2010, the Patriots were 14-2. So just because we lost to an elite Patriots team in 2010 & 2014, we can't beat a lesser Patriots team in 2018 who was just embarrassed by a .500 team? What kind of logic is that?

You can't look back at the Vikings history and say "Well they can't beat New England in 2018 because they didn't beat an elite Tom Brady and a Super Bowl winning team in 2014 and lost to a 14-2 team in 2010."

Like I said in the post above, Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady right now and they have the 25th overall defense. Brady looked like a rookie against Tennessee with the pressure packages they brought with a big interior rush. Even going back two weeks, Brady has played 1 quarter of good football against the Patriots who have a questionable secondary and looked miserable vs. Tennessee.

Will it be an easy game? No. But it's not like it's an impossible game to win like you're saying.

The Patriots, in 2014, were not elite at the time the Vikings played them.  They always start the season slowly and 2014 was no different.  I don't know if you remember that the Dolphins a week earlier had throttled the Patriots...and the Vikings a week earlier had throttled the Rams....it was just that week in fact that the Adrian issue reared its ugly head.  The Vikings jumped out to an early TD...and didn't score again...and Brady was abysmal that game, yet the Patriots still destroyed them.

35 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Patriots, in 2014, were not elite at the time the Vikings played them.  They always start the season slowly and 2014 was no different.  I don't know if you remember that the Dolphins a week earlier had throttled the Patriots...and the Vikings a week earlier had throttled the Rams....it was just that week in fact that the Adrian issue reared its ugly head.  The Vikings jumped out to an early TD...and didn't score again...and Brady was abysmal that game, yet the Patriots still destroyed them.  

OK but they were still a Super Bowl winning team so obviously they had the talent and an elite Tom Brady. We finished 7-9, had no QB, no RB, no receivers, and a 1st year coach. We had the 15th best defense and the 27th best offense. We were NOT a good team. A far cry from what we are now. And you even say it yourself. The entire Peterson thing happened and our best player was M.I.A. 

You're contradicting yourself by saying "Well the Vikings didn't have their best player on offense and New England still destroyed them!" Really! Wow! A Super Bowl winning team beat a 7-9 team that had zero offensive players, were missing a HOF RB/the only player they had on offense, and only scored 7 points! Man! A real shocker there!

Are we still a 7-9 team? Do we still have no RB? Do we still no receivers? Do we still have no QB? Do we still have a middle of the road defense? Do we still have the 5th worst offense? 

I just don't get how you can look at a game FOUR YEARS AGO and think we have no chance FOUR YEARS LATER. Hell, we were a mess when we played them in 2010 as well. We're now a much improved team. Do you not know we have an elite defense? Do you not know we have one of the best receivers in the league? Do you not know we have a QB who's stats are in the top-5 in the NFL? Do you not know we have an exciting running back finally back from injury?

You're entire argument is stupid and I know you're better than that. There's other ways to say/think that we might lose in 3 weeks but to base your entire prognostication based off a game FOUR YEARS AGO is so utterly horrible and laughable.

Before we played Los Angeles this year, did you look at the Vikings game vs. the Rams in 2014 and say "Oh man, the Vikings killed the Rams 34-6. We should win this one!"

Is it possible that teams get better or get worse FOUR seasons later? Man....what a hot take! 

Edit: And oh, by the way. in 2014....we played the 0-1 Patriots after they lost to Miami. They then proceeded to win 9 of their next 10 after their week 1 loss. They won those 9 games by a total score of 323-132. Yes....323 points scored compared to 132 points allowed. Six of the 9 wins were by 20 points or more.

9-2 to start the season....such a sluggish start!

Ok...I'm just gonna say it.  The Vikings usually stink up the joint when playing prime time or game of the week!  The last prime time game I remember the Vikings really playing well was the opening home game against the Packers in the new US Bank Stadium.  Sam Bradford could do no wrong and Stefon Diggs showed us all what he's capable of.  Other than that, it's been mediocre to terrible.

Just now, Virginia Viking said:

Ok...I'm just gonna say it.  The Vikings usually stink up the joint when playing prime time or game of the week!  The last prime time game I remember the Vikings really playing well was the opening home game against the Packers in the new US Bank Stadium.  Sam Bradford could do no wrong and Stefon Diggs showed us all what he's capable of.  Other than that, it's been mediocre to terrible.

Someone is forgetting about that amazing game we produced @ the bears last October!

I think we will split with 'da Bears and win every other game.  Yes, even the Patriots.  Our offense has been very good this year and the defense has been coming around to Zim's normal standards the last few weeks.  If this continues, our schedule is very manageable.  

Archived