Sshhhh, don't tell me how the second half ends...

vike daddy

15 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You're entire argument is stupid and I know you're better than that. There's other ways to say/think that we might lose in 3 weeks but to base your entire prognostication based off a game FOUR YEARS AGO is so utterly horrible and laughable.

Is it possible that teams get better or get worse FOUR seasons later? Man....what a hot take! 

It's all about tendencies.  It's not just about a game 4 years ago.  Of course, the Vikings are a better team than they were 4 years ago.  That doesn't mean they won't lose on the road to still a good New England team.  I don't believe it's pure coincidence that the Patriots' most shocking losses this year are to a team coached by Mike Vrabel (a former Patriot LBer) and Matt Patricia (a former Patriot DC).  When the Vikings hire Brian Flores as their next head coach, then I'll consider it a complete lock that the Vikings win.  Right now, IMO, on the basis of how the Vikings typically play vs. AFC East opponents and how the Patriots play at home (5-0 this season), I expect them to lose.  And there's nothing laughable about that.  

The Vikings play on the road in three of their next four games and there’s a good chance that it will be chilly for their matchups with Chicago, New England and Seattle, which is something that Zimmer thinks will increase the importance of making plays in the ground game.

Zimmer: “I do think with some of these games as it starts to get colder, it is going to be more of a factor. I think we’re getting better at a lot of the areas in the running game. We have to continue searching for more ways to pound the ball.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/13/mike-zimmer-expects-run-game-to-be-more-of-a-factor-in-cold-weather/

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

It's all about tendencies.  It's not just about a game 4 years ago.  Of course, the Vikings are a better team than they were 4 years ago.  That doesn't mean they won't lose on the road to still a good New England team.  I don't believe it's pure coincidence that the Patriots' most shocking losses this year are to a team coached by Mike Vrabel (a former Patriot LBer) and Matt Patricia (a former Patriot DC).  When the Vikings hire Brian Flores as their next head coach, then I'll consider it a complete lock that the Vikings win.  Right now, IMO, on the basis of how the Vikings typically play vs. AFC East opponents and how the Patriots play at home (5-0 this season), I expect them to lose.  And there's nothing laughable about that.  

That's not laughable and that's what I was talking about that there's OTHER reasons to say the Vikings will lose in New England. Not saying "Well they lost to them 4 years ago so that means there's no chance they win in 3 weeks!" like you were referencing. 

Tendencies work when teams play regularly, not 3 times every 12 seasons. If they played last season and you told me "Well New England handily beat the Vikings last year so I think that will carry over to this year." I'd say "Solid point." But there's no use in referencing a game 4 years ago to use as why they won't win in 2018.

The 2014 game has zero correlation to this game. None. Two different teams and the stadium the game was played in is no longer a NFL stadium. Vegas isn't going to look back to 2014 and set their line for the 2018 game based on that.

By the way.....I don't think they'll win either. But it's not the "sure loss" you and others think it will be.

This is not football related, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  The title of this thread reminded me of this episode from The Honeymooners.  Ralph got tickets to the hottest show in town - a murder mystery called "Murder Strikes Out."   Ralph and his mother-in-law didn't get along too well.  Some of you married guys might relate.  Hahaha.  :D

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is not football related, but I thought I'd share it anyway.  This is from my favorite episode of The Honeymooners.  Ralph got tickets to the hottest show in town - a murder mystery called "Murder Strikes Out."   Ralph and his mother-in-law didn't get along too well.  Some of you married guys might relate.  Hahaha.  :D

This was the hot show when Vike Daddy was nearing retirement age!

23 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

This was the hot show when Vike Daddy was nearing retirement age!

I'm about the same age as VD, so I can't say much about that.  For those of you who haven't seen the Honeymooners, though, you should check it out.  It was made back in the 50's (Before Vike Daddy and I were even born) so the film looks very dated, but the comedy is timeless.  It's still one of the best comedies of all time, IMHO.

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

you thinking with cardio or weights...?

ex·or·cise. verb

drive out or attempt to drive out (an evil spirit) from a person or place.

Well it would be a little bit of cardio exercise WITH demons (the Saints). My bad 

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm more of a Three Stooges and Laurel & Hardy kind of guy.  ;)

I HATE Three Stooges but adore Laurel & Hardy.

I grew up on Laurel & Hardy videos. My father used to wake me up at 1am every other Sunday when I was 7-8 and we'd make some popcorn and watch Laurel & Hardy. Good days.

18 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I HATE Three Stooges but adore Laurel & Hardy.

I grew up on Laurel & Hardy videos. My father used to wake me up at 1am every other Sunday when I was 7-8 and we'd make some popcorn and watch Laurel & Hardy. Good days.

three-stooges-019.png?w=545

On 11/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, vike daddy said:

i changed my mind, DO tell me!

how will the Vikings fare in the second half of the 2018 regular season...?

Chicago - L

Green Bay - L

New England - L

Seattle - L

Miami - W

Detroit - W

Chicago - W

8-7-1

If you didn't want to know, you shouldn't ask.  o.O This isn't their year.  :( Next year.  ;)

Either the Packers, Panthers, or Seahawks will be the two wild card teams.

Archived