Sshhhh, don't tell me how the second half ends...

vike daddy

Cousins: “It was good to get some time off to rest and recover, at the same time, I’m ready to go now for this stretch run of seven games. Hopefully we play well enough that we play beyond that. All I know is I’ve had a bye after Week 4, and I’ve had a bye after Week 9. I’d much rather have the bye after Week 9. I think it helps to have something to look forward to as you’re pushing through the early stretch of the season and then to work from a place of rest going forward to the end of the season. I think it helps. Ultimately, this season will tell if it came at the right time."

"We did talk about where we are ranked statistically on some different things, as well as some analytics of what other teams, opponents are going to see when they look at us. That was helpful to see. We’ll keep trying to improve in those areas. It was everything from third-and-4-to-6 to trying to be better on first downs in the red zone, little situations like that where we’re going to look to improve. If we do that, hopefully it leads to better offensive performances and wins.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/state-of-8-cousins-ready-for-stretch-run?sf202352095=1

4 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

What is with the lack of confidence?

I have a feeling we go 11 - 4 - 1, or 12 - 3 - 1

Barring injury, we are one of the best teams when we play to our potential.

In my opinion, the team has yet to give me a reason to confident.

We're 5-3-1.....have yet to beat a team over .500 and had an absolutely miserable loss to a dreadful team.

Let me see what they do in the next 2 weeks and I'll get back to you. Right now, it's more cautious optimism rather than confidence. 

I'm favoring the 10-5-1 at this point.  

While it's still early to think about, it should be noted that the 2019 Vikings' opponents will be:

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philly, Washington, Denver, Oakland, Carolina/New Orleans

Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, NY Giants, Kansas City (I'll be there), LA Chargers, Dallas, Rams/Seahawks

I'm more worried about the next Green Bay game than I am any other.

12 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

In my opinion, the team has yet to give me a reason to confident.

We're 5-3-1.....have yet to beat a team over .500 and had an absolutely miserable loss to a dreadful team.

Let me see what they do in the next 2 weeks and I'll get back to you. Right now, it's more cautious optimism rather than confidence. 

Well the Rams simply outscored us, while our defense was atrocious. I only have confidence because I feel our defense is gaining its form once again. The form that we thought a no. 1 defense should have when adding players like Richardson and Iloka, adding in the progression of guys like Hunter and Waynes.

Barring injury, I see our offense on par with the Rams with a favorable defense to aid them. We are far better than our record indicates. 

Now, if Kirk just starts making bonehead plays consistently (he's been pretty good this year) then that may be too much to overcome, but with the exclusion of that hypothetical situation, I feel really good about this stretch of the season than I did early on.

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm favoring the 10-5-1 at this point.  

While it's still early to think about, it should be noted that the 2019 Vikings' opponents will be:

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philly, Washington, Denver, Oakland, Carolina/New Orleans

Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, NY Giants, Kansas City (I'll be there), LA Chargers, Dallas, Rams/Seahawks

Pretty favorable schedule....this far out at least.

Should sweep Green Bay and Detroit. Split with Chicago. 

Should easily beat: Oakland, Giants, Dallas

Should beat: Washington, Denver, NFC South game (Carolina never scares me, and Brees may be retired)

Toss ups: Philly, Denver, Chargers, Chiefs, NFC East game.

I see us getting 10 wins and winning 2 of the toss up games....

11-5....12-4 doesn't seem far fetched with that schedule (based on week 10 of this season....wwwaaaayyyyyyy early)

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

What?  It's not that it's not going to be competitive, but there are other games I'm far more concerned about, most notably road games at NE and at Seattle.  Don't be so sensitive.    

I said, "okay". What about that leads you to believe that I desired even a response? Should I have said, understood  or yep? I certainly wasn't, nor am I currently, sensitive. 

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

I said, "okay". What about that leads you to believe that I desired even a response? Should I have said, understood  or yep? I certainly wasn't, nor am I currently, sensitive. 

My apologies, as I too tried to read into the response when I should not have.  ;)

22 hours ago, Krauser said:

(paste the link then click "paste as plain text instead" and it'll convert)

No offense but I hate when we say "Well if it wasn't for this game or that game, our stats would look a lot better!"

Pointless exercise. The defense failed to shut down a top-3 when we needed them to. If the defense even plays halfway decent, we win. Just can't pretend it didn't happen to make our stats look better.

Besides, those stats don't impress me when 5 of the other 7 of those games were against the #32, 31, 29, 23, 19 ranked offenses.

I am impressed with the defense controlling the Saints and somewhat impressed with the D vs. GB and we'll see how we do the next 3 weeks with 3 tough games.

Archived