A Crazy Round 1

Scoundrel

Not a terrible Falcons pick but also not one i would have made as i would have taken Gary, Wilkins, or Davis for the D-line before a CB.   Getting rid of either Trufant or Alford is going to be tough with their contracts as it sits.   Then you have Oliver who i think should take 1 of their spots next year and Poole who isn't great in coverage but as a #4 is solid enough and a great run defender and blitzer usually.   The real wild card here is Demonte Kazee and Rico Allen 1 of those 2 are going to have to swing to NB im guessing to get both on the field as they both deserve it.   The only way i could see that not happening is Keanu Neal dropping to WLB and having Rico and Kazee starting safetys but im not sure if you take the chance and move a pro bowl SS.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, LinderFournette said:

i would drive up to jacksonville and kill the entire front office if they did that trade. carr isnt that much better then bortles. we should just standpat and pick haskins and roll with blake for next season and let haskins develop. 

also im pretty sure that trade wouldnt work because of the jags cap situation.  we are currently based on sportac 12 million over the cap not to mention if we traded/cut bortles that would accelerate another 16.5  million more to that 12 million so we would be down 28 million with  losing a few starting players and role players with 0 replacements. 

Just making sure the cops can see this...

Now if anyone else on the forum actually does it LF gets the blame lol

Seriously though trading for Carr would be so freakin dumb. He is just as bad as Blake except not as mobile. Our cap situation is rough right now too

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just making sure the cops can see this...

Now if anyone else on the forum actually does it LF gets the blame lol

Seriously though trading for Carr would be so freakin dumb. He is just as bad as Blake except not as mobile. Our cap situation is rough right now too

they need more then a post to convict. they gonna need hard evidence that i was there ;)

If I could get a better feel on the health of Trey Adams, I'd feel better on this pick - but an ACL and a season ending back injury worry me.

I'll take the lower upside (and higher floor) of Andre Dillard at this pick, IMO.

I realize people are going to look at Suh likely leaving and think that the Rams are going to absolutely prioritize DT, so I can see the line of thinking on Lawrence, but given the use he's gotten and the anticipated increase in reps moving forward, the team is high on John-Franklin Myers and I could really see ILB being prioritized because it's been one of those areas that's been one of the biggest contributors to opposing rushing attacks being able to put us through the ringer.  Corey Littleton has earned his stripes this season and is likely going to be counted on at one ILB spot moving forward, but depending on how they evaluate Micah Kiser moving forward, someone like TJ Edwards (I know you have him earmarked for your own team...) offers a lot of really good fit.

I can definitely see other Rams fans disagreeing with me, but a high-ceiling CB wouldn't surprise me either (Diggs might be too much value to pass on) even if Peters is extended, given that Talib will only have one year remaining on his contract in 2019, same with NRC, and Troy Hill simply isn't a boundary guy.

As much as I'd love to get our 2nd rounder back from the Colts.  I think I'd want the Jets to land the best LT in this class and support Sam with much needed OL help.

However you did a solid job landing a position of need on the trade down.  WR would also be another position we could use.  Landing the best WR (Brown/Harry) at #12 would be a big win for the Jets too.  Overall solid job.

Archived