How do we fix the 2018 Jags?

LinderFournette

a nice thread to discuss what you would like to see the team do to make the team into contention. 

i think ill go with Fire Todd Wash(the defense has regressed way too much and he seemingly always plans the same way).

i would be using the draft to increase the offensive talent particulary at WR, and OL along with a TE and QB.  rb is neither here nor there as u can find a COP back in UDFA. 

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

a nice thread to discuss what you would like to see the team do to make the team into contention. 

i think ill go with Fire Todd Wash(the defense has regressed way too much and he seemingly always plans the same way).

i would be using the draft to increase the offensive talent particulary at WR, and OL along with a TE and QB.  rb is neither here nor there as u can find a COP back in UDFA. 

Do you mean for 19? Because this season is shot.  😂

Wash is trash he has completely ruined his name around the league going forward.. his ability to adjust is pathetic. But I'd make cuts to Campbell, Dareus, Jackson, Church, Hyde, Parnell, Gipson (possibly). There isn't any QB free agent wise or draft wise that I could see worth taking where we pick in the first round. I haven't really even vetted any prospects for 2020. But a QB must be drafted in rounds 2-7. Oline needs to be fixed nobody on this oline should feel safe for next year thats even so for Linder who has yet to show the ability to play a full 16 games yet. Even Cam although he is young he is still a worry to me. Only reason Norwell will remain safe is because of his contract and the amount of guaranteed money that is still owed outside of that its time to fortify the oline room. I'm not ready to can Marrone I still think he is a solid coach his team just got hit with a rash of injuries this year we knew it was coming this year but I didn't think it would come to this but it has. A big time receiver should be the main priority to this franchise Westbrook will be an amazing second option when we get a major player at WR1. Because this combination of Cole, Moncrief, Westbrook has been terrible they can get open but catching the ball consistently and ball security isn't worth the trouble. But the top priority should be finding a competent DC going forward.

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Do you mean for 19? Because this season is shot.  😂

Wash is trash he has completely ruined his name around the league going forward.. his ability to adjust is pathetic. But I'd make cuts to Campbell, Dareus, Jackson, Church, Hyde, Parnell, Gipson (possibly). There isn't any QB free agent wise or draft wise that I could see worth taking where we pick in the first round. I haven't really even vetted any prospects for 2020. But a QB must be drafted in rounds 2-7. Oline needs to be fixed nobody on this oline should feel safe for next year thats even so for Linder who has yet to show the ability to play a full 16 games yet. Even Cam although he is young he is still a worry to me. Only reason Norwell will remain safe is because of his contract and the amount of guaranteed money that is still owed outside of that its time to fortify the oline room. I'm not ready to can Marrone I still think he is a solid coach his team just got hit with a rash of injuries this year we knew it was coming this year but I didn't think it would come to this but it has. A big time receiver should be the main priority to this franchise Westbrook will be an amazing second option when we get a major player at WR1. Because this combination of Cole, Moncrief, Westbrook has been terrible they can get open but catching the ball consistently and ball security isn't worth the trouble. But the top priority should be finding a competent DC going forward.

i would keep Gipson and 1 of jackson/campbell.   i would consider Linder safe as well.  hes played very well this year  and according to pff he was a top 5 center so likely safe. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

i would keep Gipson and 1 of jackson/campbell.   i would consider Linder safe as well.  hes played very well this year  and according to pff he was a top 5 center so likely safe. 

Linder will be safe when he is on the field he is still a top 5 center in this league.. I'm saying start acquiring guys to take players spots Campbell has hit a wall if you keep 1 it would be the younger Jackson over Campbell. 

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Linder will be safe when he is on the field he is still a top 5 center in this league.. I'm saying start acquiring guys to take players spots Campbell has hit a wall if you keep 1 it would be the younger Jackson over Campbell. 

honestly i wanna see us try Jackson outside and Bryan inside at 3tech with Dareus and Ngakoue.  gotta see if bryan is worth it or not cuz well the top of the draft is deep on the DL. 

My DC short list would be:

Todd Bowles (if fired)

Sean McDermott (if fired)

Vance Joseph (if fired)

Bud Foster

Brent Venables

The last 2 Khan might have to open up his pocket book thats even if those guys would leave the comfy position that they are in especially Venables. I just want a guy who knows what they are doing not a fly by night position coach who was given a wealth of talent had a exceptional first year and a piss poor second. I want a guy who's been in the trenches and who knows what to do to get his team out of a bind.

16 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Todd Bowles (if fired)

Vance Joseph (if fired)

Bud Foster

Brent Venables

The last 2 Khan might have to open up his pocket book thats even if those guys would leave the comfy position that they are in especially Venables. I just want a guy who knows what they are doing not a fly by night position coach who was given a wealth of talent had a exceptional first year and a piss poor second. I want a guy who's been in the trenches and who knows what to do to get his team out of a bind.

I dont want Bud Foster at all

39 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Todd Bowles (if fired)

Vance Joseph (if fired)

Bud Foster

Brent Venables

a few names to consider: Mike Nolan(former dc and hc), Jim Haslett(he was a DC and HC before so he has experience), John Pagano(Former DC), Perry Fewell(in-House candiate whos been a DC once), Mike Trgovac(former DC). im sure theres a few more former DCs in the position coach ranks as well but i feel those are the bigger names. 

The team needs depth everywhere. I don’t care how many good starters we get, this team will never find sustainable success so long as they refuse to build a roster with depth.

And they need playmakers on offense, which is great because:

43 minutes ago, pwny said:

The team needs depth everywhere. I don’t care how many good starters we get, this team will never find sustainable success so long as they refuse to build a roster with depth.

And they need playmakers on offense, which is great because:

which is why the bryan selection was dumb.  assuming the scouting staff did a few prelims on guys who didnt declare because they were already at the game they could have seen it was gonna be DL heavy. 

Archived