Eagles v. Dolphins Preseason Week 3 GDT

Phire

1 hour ago, Phire said:

You mean the most needlessly controversial factually accurate statement of all time lol

Yea he got completely blown up on that blitz pick up for sure.

Bright side.....at least he saw the blitz and got there....?

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:
12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wish I could say I'm sold on Wentz as the future of our franchise, but I'm not there yet.

Give it some time. The Contrarian in you will eventually fade. Not sure what there is not to like in Wentz other then his Gunslinger (I can always make a play) mentality which can get QB in trouble at times. He checks off most boxes for a FQB. Sure as hell the closest thing we've had in almost a decade. If anything I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with Wentz.

I'm a contrarian cause my opinion differs from yours? 

giphy.gif

What is there not to like?

He's not accurate. That's pretty important.

I think we'll see some improvement this year, but I'm not expecting a big leap.

31 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm a contrarian cause my opinion differs from yours? .

No, a contrarian because your opinion differs from the Masses. Haven't seen any experts (You and I aren't one) who have suggested Carson Wentz can't or won't become a true FQB for the Eagles based on what they've seen thus far.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No, a contrarian because your opinion differs from the Masses. Haven't seen any experts (You and I aren't one) who have suggested Carson Wentz can't or won't become a true FQB for the Eagles based on what they've seen thus far.

There are plenty of people who have their doubts about Wentz.

I'm far from the only one.

He's only played one season though. Nobody is going to be saying he's a bust and can't be the future QB yet.

I mean even I didn't say that..... all I said is that I'm not sold YET that he is gonna be that guy.

It wasn't said that Bortles can't or won't be the future QB of the Jags after his rookie campaign, but there was questions people had with him just like I do with Wentz.

Not to say Carson is gonna be Bortles. It's just an example.

I've never said it was a forgone conclusion Wentz is the next best......"fill in QB Great" but if you were to list say the Top 5 Qualities you look for in a QB, what would they be? I'd have

Intelligence/Football IQ✓

Leadership Qualities✓

Accuracy

Size/Athletism✓

Arm Strength (make all throws)✓

I mean that's 4 of the 5 ✓off (IMO of course) I'd have listed. One could argue accuracy is also helped by WR who can actually catch. Let's see how improved his Comp % is this season with an entirely revamped WR corps Who apparently can can do just that, catch.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I've never said...

You're arguing with a brick wall. He doesn't disagree with you, he just hasn't seen enough yet.

I don't think that's too extreme of a stance to take when trying to evaluate a franchise QB after only one season.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I've never said it was a forgone conclusion Wentz is the next best......"fill in QB Great" but if you were to list say the Top 5 Qualities you look for in a QB, what would they be? I'd have

Intelligence/Football IQ✓

Leadership Qualities✓

Accuracy

Size/Athletism✓

Arm Strength (make all throws)✓

I mean that's 4 of the 5 ✓off (IMO of course) I'd have listed. One could argue accuracy is also helped by WR who can actually catch. Let's see how improved his Comp % is this season with an entirely revamped WR corps Who apparently can can do just that, catch.

Didn't claim you said that.

On paper he looks good. We all know that.

He'll kill it in an interview, but the real test is how he performs on the field and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

I mean even last night the accuracy just wasn't what you want.

The deep ball to Torrey Smith was wobbly and a bit underthrown.

Ertz and Jeffery needed to make good diving catches cause the ball was out far in front of them, although you could say at least it was where only they could reach it, but I'd like to see him lead them a bit, but not that much where they need to make tough grabs.

Then, there was another pass to Ertz over the middle that was thrown well behind him, but he contorted his body and snagged it.

3 minutes ago, Phire said:

I think Eagles fans got a little spoiled. With Freddie Mitchell you knew the moment he was born he would be the greatest NFL player to ever breathe oxygen. In most cases it takes time.

Unless of course your name is Rayne Dakota Prescott

Archived