Geron Christian tears LCL, done for season

Woz

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/11/12/18088928/jay-gruden-redskins-presser-geron-christian-torn-mcl-out-for-the-season

Rookie offensive tackle Geron Christian Sr. is out for the season after tearing his MCL yesterday. The Redskins will turn to Austin Howard as their backup tackle until Trent Williams returns in a week or two. Jamison Crowder will get another MRI as he tries to return to the field, and rookie Trey Quinn is also scheduled for one. The Quinton Dunbar nerve issue continues to confuse Dr. Gruden.

The hits keep on coming. That makes the fourth member of the 2018 rookie class to go on IR (Guice, Apke, and Quinn (although he might return)). Five if you count Sims as a UDFA.

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If the Giants cut him from their OL then he sucks bad. 

We need bodies. Change of scenery theory as well. Sua Filo or whatever his name is ,looked pretty good for the cowboys and he was dumped by the titans this preseason. We could maybe luck out and get future depth with the ex giant.

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!! this is truly stunning news. Who will go down next. What have we've done to deserve this. I know injuries occurs in football it's a tough game but dam this is rather an extreme occurrence of injuries.  Are these just fluke injuries that could happen any time or is it training camp related. Shorter off season programs. Cleats or players, size and speed of players. I don't really know just guessing really. Anyways hope we can move quickly to find a replacement.

3 hours ago, 4209 said:

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!! this is truly stunning news. Who will go down next. What have we've done to deserve this. I know injuries occurs in football it's a tough game but dam this is rather an extreme occurrence of injuries.  Are these just fluke injuries that could happen any time or is it training camp related. Shorter off season programs. Cleats or players, size and speed of players. I don't really know just guessing really. Anyways hope we can move quickly to find a replacement.

I think these are fluke injuries they just are hitting us in one positions OL, like last year. Two torn knee ligaments (Lauvao, Christian), a dislocated thumb w/ surgery (TWill) and a torn pec (Scherff) is not something training a different way or in training camp is going to Change.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Sorry to see him injured. On the positive he’s not close to being a starter so maybe a year getting stronger will help. His body looks like the pilsbury Dough Boy or Gruden before he stopped sporting the double d’s

While true, I’d much rather see him get the next few games to develop and to see him get practice reps developing than to not be able to walk for the next 3-6 months bc of his torn knee ligament. He’ll also be rehabbing in the offseason instead of working as much on his technique and other things which is what he needs the most, despite getting stronger like you said.

I hope he does a Moses and gets a lot stronger and turns that baby far into muscle from rookie year to his second year.

Archived