LVE - DROY Candidate?

D82

After what can be described as a coming out party last night, LVE is currently ranked 2nd in solo tackles - just one behind the current leader on 145 less snaps. 

LVE has been having as good a year as most fans could have expected for a rookie and has many saying the Cowboys look to have a dynamic duo at the linebacker position for the next couple of years with the Boise State product paired up with a now healthy Jaylon Smith. 

To me, he should be the favorite for Defensive Rookie Of The Year - what say you?

38 minutes ago, D82 said:

After what can be described as a coming out party last night, LVE is currently ranked 2nd in solo tackles - just one behind the current leader on 145 less snaps. 

LVE has been having as good a year as most fans could have expected for a rookie and has many saying the Cowboys look to have a dynamic duo at the linebacker position for the next couple of years with the Boise State product paired up with a now healthy Jaylon Smith. 

To me, he should be the favorite for Defensive Rookie Of The Year - what say you?

I cant remember where I saw on here that LVE was an up and comer but man when I saw him play and say his measurables I knew he was a must have from his highlight reel. But it was when I watched his actual game tape good and bad that I knew this guy was the guy that could transform our defense. I wanted him more then Derwin James and Roqoun Smith and the only other defensive guy i considered more valuable was Bradley Chubb. I cheered when we took him and I am so happy he is proving all the doubters wrong. Moore and Ridley havent had the impact on their teams that LVE has had on ours. Our run defense and 3rd down stops have become top notch with him emerging. Guys like Jaylon have a say in that but Lee has been as sound as we could hope for in a defender. 

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I cant remember where I saw on here that LVE was an up and comer but man when I saw him play and say his measurables I knew he was a must have from his highlight reel. But it was when I watched his actual game tape good and bad that I knew this guy was the guy that could transform our defense. I wanted him more then Derwin James and Roqoun Smith and the only other defensive guy i considered more valuable was Bradley Chubb. I cheered when we took him and I am so happy he is proving all the doubters wrong. Moore and Ridley havent had the impact on their teams that LVE has had on ours. Our run defense and 3rd down stops have become top notch with him emerging. Guys like Jaylon have a say in that but Lee has been as sound as we could hope for in a defender. 

I could agree about Moore but simply think the offense he’s in dictates his production. Ridley is having a great year. Definitely has made an impact for the falcons right away. I felt Ridley should have been the pick simply out of need with James if he made it but fast forward now and we have a decent group of WRs I don’t hate the pick. I love the pick and think it’s even better now because the defense doesn’t miss the instincts of Lee with him being out yet again with injury and once Lee is released he get a younger hopefully more durable him in LVE. Nice having two young LBers who fly around the field. Guy is a tackling machine 

Certainly having games like that on national TV will help, but LVE is probably a longshot to win the award right now. 

Unfortunately, his biggest selling point for the award, being #2 on the solo tackles list, is tempered by the fact that #1 on that list is also a rookie. Add Darius Leonard to Bradley Chubb and Derwin James, who have had some DROY expectations since they were drafted, and LVE has a tough hill to climb.

I think he's a longshot to win it right now. But if he has another INT or FF with another 10+ tackle game, there should be a serious conversation. 

I loved the selection of LVE at our pick, but I wanted Derwin James more. He has been stellar at SS for the Chargers. So he would be my DROTY 

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I will say I had nothing against the pick. And mocked him to us many times. His size and combine speed was crazy. 

I didnt mind picking LVE and thought he would be the pick all along.

However I was.pounding my head on the table when Derwin fell within range to trade up.

54 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I will say I had nothing against the pick. And mocked him to us many times. His size and combine speed was crazy. 

I'll be honest, I didn't think he was a top 20 player in the draft. I really wanted Landry or Ridley personally. But again, LVE has been spectacular.

Archived