LVE - DROY Candidate?

D82

EVAN SIMPSON SORRELLS
CEDAR PARK, TX

With Sean Lee’s eventual return to action in a week or two, how can Dallas get all three linebackers (Lee, Jaylon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch) on the field at the same time?

Bryan: Sure they can. Can play three-man line and then use Jaylon Smith as the fourth rusher. They will find more creative ways to play with these guys.

Rob: Talk about a terrific problem to have when Lee gets back. I don’t think they all have to play at once, all the time. We’ve seen that a little when all three have been active. But before Lee hurt his hamstring, the coaching staff was rotating the trio, giving Lee a series off here and there. The goal is to keep everybody fresh.

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

what am I missing? why can't Lee, J Smith and LVE all start???

We start 3 CBs >70% of the time, so the traditional SAM isn't typically on the field. Having said that, the team has found ways to get them on the field together this year already. Mostly using Jaylon as a pass rusher in those situations I guess

35 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We start 3 CBs >70% of the time, so the traditional SAM isn't typically on the field. Having said that, the team has found ways to get them on the field together this year already. Mostly using Jaylon as a pass rusher in those situations I guess

I agree. 

The term "starter" gets misused. There are enough snaps for two linebackers to get a "starters" share. Damien Wilson has been averaging just 14 snaps per game. You can consider him a starter if you want, but really, Anthony Brown is the 11th starter.

The fact of the matter is you can't bring in Lee as a regular player without significantly cutting snaps for LVE, Jaylon, or both. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok come clean but many/most of you guys were all over the Roquan Smith bandwagon. Me, I was yelling WR. Either way you guys done "F" ed UP..Time to come clean...

Nope. Not here. I was screaming LVE the whole damn way. I was scared we were gonna take Roquan. 

Archived