CIN hires Hue Jackson to their coaching staff

Broncofan

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

How can you reveal information that you’ve had no control of?

Im sincerely sorry Bengals fan. 

hue probably conned the bengals staff and pretneded he had inside info

when bengals lose by 20 to the browns, the bengals will fire his ***

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

hue probably conned the bengals staff and pretneded he had inside info

when bengals lose by 20 to the browns, the bengals will fire his ***

Come on didn’t you read that letter from Browns fan?  Hue is an upstanding wears his emotions on his sleeve take it to the bank innocent as can be saint. 

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If they miss the playoffs, any chance they finally fire Marvin Lewis and promote Hue to head coach?

Just seems like a very Mike Brown thing to do.  

The comedy answer is: probably lol

The real answer is: probably not.  The Bengals have already been having attendance problems the last few years.  For all that Mike Brown likes to ignore trends and do things his own way, he does pay attention to empty stadiums (or stadiums full of Steelers fans).  I think he realizes that naming Hue HC would leave it real empty.  It would have happened in 2016/2017, but that ship has sailed.

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If anyone knows how to confuse young QBs and limit weapons like Duke Johnson and set up offenses for certain failure, 3 and outs, and forcing turnovers, it's Hue Jackson.

I think there's more going on than anyone outside of the team really understands.  Because yes, those problems existed in Cleveland.  But they didn't exist in Cincinnati in 2014/2015.  So why he could utilize weapons so well, and make Andy Dalton look like an MVP candidate in Cincinnati, but couldn't make the Browns best skill player look like...well, just that...it's a mystery. 

45 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think there's more going on than anyone outside of the team really understands.  Because yes, those problems existed in Cleveland.  But they didn't exist in Cincinnati in 2014/2015.  So why he could utilize weapons so well, and make Andy Dalton look like an MVP candidate in Cincinnati, but couldn't make the Browns best skill player look like...well, just that...it's a mystery. 

If memory serves me correctly 2015 was a banner year for the CIN OL.  I think they were the top rated run blocking unit.  I think Gio/Hill combined for over 1500 yds rushing and CIN was tops in YPA. 

Plus Dalton had 3-3.5 secs of clean pockets.   Which makes any QB look great.    Eifert was healthy (well as healthy as he ever was - his 13-TD season), Marvin Jones was healthy, A.J. Green was healthy.  

So Dalton had his weapons all healthy and in peak form, a top running game and time to throw.   The perfect storm.   The next year the OL play declined significantly, no?   And Gio/Eifert both missed half the season with injuries.  As an outsider  I don’t think the Hue departure in 2016 led to Dalton’s regression to who he is now as much as losing weapons and significantly worse OL play did.  I guess we’ll find out if he gets more OC-like responsibilities.

24 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If memory serves me correctly 2015 was a banner year for the CIN OL.  I think they were the top rated run blocking unit.  I think Gio/Hill combined for over 1500 yds rushing and CIN was tops in YPA. 

Plus Dalton had 3-3.5 secs of clean pockets.   Which makes any QB look great.    Eifert was healthy (well as healthy as he ever was - his 13-TD season), Marvin Jones was healthy, A.J. Green was healthy.  

So Dalton had his weapons all healthy and in peak form, a top running game and time to throw.   The perfect storm.   The next year the OL play declined significantly, no?   And Gio/Eifert both missed half the season with injuries.  As an outsider  I don’t think the Hue departure in 2016 led to Dalton’s regression to who he is now as much as losing weapons and significantly worse OL play did.  I guess we’ll find out if he gets more OC-like responsibilities.

All that's true.  And all of that would help most players look better.  It's no secret that health and good play around a particular player makes that player look better.

What i'm asserting is that Hue also did a great job putting the players in good positions to succeed.  His offense was creative, and he did a great job rotating players into positions where they'd play well.  All kind of opposite of what happened in Cleveland.

All that to say: it's peculiar how great a coach can look in one spot, and how bad he'll look in the next.

30 minutes ago, Raves said:

He's always seemed to be the guy that works best as a coordinator rather than a HC.  Didn't Cincy and several other teams have some good offenses with him as the OC?

The 2014 Cincinnati offense was good enough in certain areas to make a 10-5-1 record (15th in scoring).  The 2015 offense was borderline great (7th in scoring).

His 2010 Oakland offense was pretty good too (6th in scoring).

Archived