Keys to Gruden Success?

Humble_Beast

14 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

To be fair, we started to implement zone schemes with the previous regime to accommodate lynch. I honestly think that cable was brought in to help lynch out. 

You have to wonder what this team would look like if we kept Murray and PBS. I also feel like he was an important part of the locker room. Seems like he is well liked by his teammates. Think we bring him back next year? Haha

I still dont understand the logic of taking 3 pro bowlers on a mauling offensive line and making them play the opposite of how they are best suited to accomodate one running back coming out of retirement...

"We signed Lynch."

"We'll install the ZBS to make him more comfortable."

And youre telling me no one stood up and said "Why they hell would we alter the strength of our offense for one guy who just got here?"

Smh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I still dont understand the logic of taking 3 pro bowlers on a mauling offensive line and making them play the opposite of how they are best suited to accomodate one running back coming out of retirement...

"We signed Lynch."

And youre telling me no one stood up and said "Why they hell would we alter the strength of our offense for one guy who just got here?"

Smh

Because lynch is a Bay Area Star and Mark Gruden wanted to appease the Bay Area fans after he made the decision to move to Vegas. He wanted people to keep coming to games. Ironic because winning is what really keeps people coming. Either way it’s pretty dumb especially since lynch is going to be gone next year. 

Also so the more time goes on the more i think that cable is safe. I get the feeling that he is because outside of this forum no one has said anything about him. The blame has largely fell at the feet of Gruden Carr and injuries. I hate to say it but i think he makes it to 2019. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:59 AM, NJ Raider said:

. I honestly think that cable was brought in to help lynch out. 

Building your blocking scheme to help a 30+ year old back is a pretty dumb decision. Murray was very average, but in a rotation, he can be successful. He's done well with Cook in Minn.

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:
12 hours ago, riceman80 said:

"We signed Lynch."

Smh

Because lynch is a Bay Area Star and Mark Gruden wanted to appease the Bay Area fans after he made the decision to move to Vegas. He wanted people to keep coming to games. Ironic because winning is what really keeps people coming. Either way it’s pretty dumb especially since lynch is going to be gone next year. 

Also so the more time goes on the more i think that cable is safe. I get the feeling that he is because outside of this forum no one has said anything about him. The blame has largely fell at the feet of Gruden Carr and injuries. I hate to say it but i think he makes it to 2019. 

I find it very hard to believe a potential HoF running back who is renowned for breaking tackles, being powerful and aggressive and yards after contact couldn't succeed in a very good power blocking scheme which is designed to create holes rather than creases. I know he's had success running in the ZBS but if a RB is that reliant on such a scheme for his success maybe we keep the elite OL doing what they do best and find another damn back which suits better?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

hate to be that guy but Gruden first choice for Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin was trash.. already fired

2 things.... 1) When was he ever Gruden's first choice? Pretty sure he and Guenther go way back on this decision 2) Marvis Lewis is trash, but someone always ends up the scapegoat 

47 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I find it very hard to believe a potential HoF running back who is renowned for breaking tackles, being powerful and aggressive and yards after contact couldn't succeed in a very good power blocking scheme which is designed to create holes rather than creases. I know he's had success running in the ZBS but if a RB is that reliant on such a scheme for his success maybe we keep the elite OL doing what they do best and find another damn back which suits better?!?!?!?!?

Yes. Which is why some didn't want to sign Lynch to start with. But Davis though he needed to pander to the Oakland fanbase. Then doubled down hiring Gruden.

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes. Which is why some didn't want to sign Lynch to start with. But Davis though he needed to pander to the Oakland fanbase. Then doubled down hiring Gruden.

MD always coveted Gruden, and its a fact. I think the stars just aligned on timing, You think he would have hired Gruden as a football czar after Al passed if Gruden was down? Because I do. Same for when we fired Allen, if Gruden was down,  I'm positive we would have hired him.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Marshawn was a borderline bust in BUF when he didn’t run in the ZBS. It wasn’t until he came to SEA in ZBS that he was successful.