Gang Green Intro Thread

Jetsfandan423

Name (first names only):  Pat

Country/Province you were born in/you live in now: Orange County, NY

Hometown: Pine Bush, NY

Occupation or school/area of study: Plumbing Supply Sales.

Interests besides football: Running, Sailing.

3 People (dead or alive) you would love to meet: Harry Truman, Bill Parcells, Ronnie Van Zant.

Favorite Movie: The Good the Bad the Ugly.

Favorite TV show: All Girls Garage.

Favorite Musician/Band: Willie Nelson.

Favorite current NY Jet: Leonard Williams.

Favorite past NY Jet: Vinny Testaverde.

Favorite current non-Jet in the NFL: Drew Brees.

How many Jets games have you been to?: A handful.

What is your earliest Jets memory?: Not my earliest memory, but my favorite Jet memories are of attending two a day practices with a beach visit in between when Jets were in Hempstead, LI. Met many of the big names of the time players/coaches/media. 

Name (first names only):  Mike

Country/Province you were born in/you live in now: Hudson County, NJ

Hometown: Monmouth County, NJ

Occupation or school/area of study: Real Estate/Corporate Law

Interests besides football: golf, basketball, baseball, movies

3 People (dead or alive) you would love to meet: Peyton Manning, Denzel Washington, Donald Trump.

Favorite Movie: The Dark Knight

Favorite TV show: True Detective (season 1) 

Favorite Musician/Band: Journey 

Favorite current NY Jet: Leonard Williams

Favorite past NY Jet: Chad Pennington

Favorite current non-Jet in the NFL: was Anquan Boldin... now probably Dez Bryant

How many Jets games have you been to?: 15-20

What is your earliest Jets memory?: It's not necessarily the earliest, but my most memorable early memory... Doug Brien.

Name (first names only): Caillou

State you were born in/State you live in now: new york/new york

Hometown: new york

Occupation or school/area of study: I study the game of football

Interests besides football: Cornhole

3 People (dead or alive) you would love to meet: elvis grbac, wayne brady, bam bam bigelow

Favorite Movie: cheaper hy the dozen 2

Favorite TV show: Alf

Favorite Musician/Band: marky mark and the funky bunch

Favorite current NY Jet: robbie anderson

Favorite past NY Jet: wayne chrebet

Favorite current non-Jet in the NFL: damon harrison

How many Jets games have you been to?: 4

What is your earliest Jets memory?: joe namath trying to kiss suzy kolber

• 8 months later...

My name’s Jack, I’m 22, and I’ve been reading on this board pretty religiously (multiple times each day) for probably about 6 years now. This is the most excited I’ve ever been as a jets fan, and thus, could no longer resist finally joining in on some of these discussions. Just to give you guys an idea of where my opinions are coming from, I thought I’d quickly reflect on the offseason:

I’ve never been a huge Bowles supporter, but having finally established a winning culture last season, I thought we absolutely made the right decision to bring him back. Which is also why Jamaal Adams is my favorite Jet, his presence in the looker room and contributions to our new identity cannot be understated. I think creating a winning culture is a lot more difficult then us fans tend to think, and we finally have the foundation needed to be a successful franchise. As far as the offseason goes, I think Mac did a pretty good job. It’s easy to get upset over the guys he didn’t get (A-rob), but as Bobby has alluded to, we aren’t an attractive destination right now and those players were never coming here, so I won’t fault Mac for that. The one guy I really wanted was the Honey Badger, he’s a difference maker, and would have actually given us an ELITE position group. Based on what I’ve read it sounds like he wanted to go back to a more traditional free safety role, which would explain why he wouldn’t come here. Still, I would have thrown more then the 7mil Huston gave him and hoped for the best. Never wanted anything to do with Cousins, not because I don’t think he’s a good QB, but because I thought it was a terrible fit. Would we have made the playoffs? Probably, but making him the highest paid player in league history would have made it difficult for us to build around him, and I don’t trust this front office enough to rely heavily on draft picks. I feared a similar situation to Stafford in Detroit, where Cousin’s would have been asked to do too much with too little around him.

I loved the Darnold pick, and still can’t believe he fell to us. He was my top rated quarterback followed by Mayfield. Regardless of wins/losses this year, if Darnold can show promise, Mac has put us in a position to really compete a year from now. Looking forward to the season!

name     Douglas

age           75

state I was born in   New Jersey

home town     retired in Orlando fl

occupation    retired, was a purchasing agent, & US Marine

interest           baseball Movies & time at the Florida beach , and the gym

three people I would like to meet     John Wayne, Sonny Werblin , Brigitte Bardot

favorite move  Goodfellows

favorite TV show    Andy Griffin show

favorite current Jet     Adams

favorite pass Jet               JOE NAMATH

favorite current non Jet on the NFL    Damon Harrison

How many Jet games  have I been to    At least 150

My earliest jet  memory         Their very first home game at Shea, in 1964 which we won & the Triborough Bridge was only a quarter to cross

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Scott

State you were born in/State you live in now:  New York/New York

Hometown: Poughkeepsie, NY

Occupation or school/area of study:  Insurance Agency Owner

Interests besides football: Golf, Baseball, Politics and Basketball (when the Knicks are good again ..lol)

3 People (dead or alive) you would love to meet: Ronald Reagan, Thurman Munson, Bill Parcells

Favorite Movie:  The Godfather

Favorite TV show: Past Sopranos; Current Billions

Favorite Musician/Band: Billy Joel

Favorite current NY Jet: Adams (until Darnold proves he is our guy that is0

Favorite past NY Jet: This is hard ..... Martin, Revis part 1, Toon, Freeman McNeil, Keyshawn and Erik McMillan stand out

Favorite current non-Jet in the NFL: Levon Bell (helped me win a few fantasy football leagues)

How many Jets games have you been to?: 175+ (season tix holder since 1990)

What is your earliest Jets memory?: First game I attended in 1980 at Shea with my Dad.

• 2 months later...

Figured id try to start posting on the forum again since the season is starting up and I'm super excited about this team now...

Name (first names only):  Joe

State you were born in/State you live in now: New York/Virginia

Hometown: Pound Ridge, NY

Occupation or school/area of study: Food Science/Virginia Tech

Interests besides football: Golf,Baseball,Music,Skiing

3 People (dead or alive) you would love to meet: Donald Trump, Tiger Woods, The Rock

Favorite Movie:  Arrival

Favorite TV show: House

Favorite Musician/Band: Radiohead/Animal Collective/Pink Floyd

Favorite current NY Jet: Big Cat

Favorite past NY Jet: Brick

Favorite current non-Jet in the NFL: Tremaine Edmunds

How many Jets games have you been to?: A lot

What is your earliest Jets memory?: Blowing out the Rams when it was like 40-0 at the half or something like that. Or going to a Jets-Chargers game in San Diego when I was like 5, and some drunk San Diego guy cursed me out when I was in a Jet jersey. 

Archived