Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

24 minutes ago, Dr. Philly said:

If we were stuck with these 3 options, I would be more than happy with Canada. We'd probably get him on a cheaper deal as well. Only worries with him so far is that when the offense was bad, it was BAD. 

Locks is only getting consideration due to him being the favorite coach of every and any recruit in the DMV. NFL guys want Locks to coach at Maryland. The issue is that he stinks. Was hoping the university would do better, but this doesn't surprise me. 

I'm from Maryland, but not a Maryland fan, but I did follow the program more than usual this year considering everything that went on.  Yeah, the offense disappeared at times, but it was also a new system, and you had all of the background noise going on.  I also think they could be gun-shy about going after another Durkin-type coach.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Philly said:

If we were stuck with these 3 options, I would be more than happy with Canada. We'd probably get him on a cheaper deal as well. Only worries with him so far is that when the offense was bad, it was BAD. 

Locks is only getting consideration due to him being the favorite coach of every and any recruit in the DMV. NFL guys want Locks to coach at Maryland. The issue is that he stinks. Was hoping the university would do better, but this doesn't surprise me. 

How could any program consider a guy who has a 3-31 record as a HC?

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How could any program consider a guy who has a 3-31 record as a HC?

He's the god of recruiting in the DMV region and kids want to play for him for some unknown reason. He's had success pulling kids to UMD in the past that had no business coming here otherwise. That's why they want him. That and our administration/boosters are idiots and think that's the only thing that he needs to succeed. 

2 hours ago, BigD88 said:

The problem is that the new coach recruiting bump would be gone after literally one cycle. Then year 2 onfield results will take precedence on the trail and they’re screwed. DMV recruits absolutely love Abdul-Azaar Rahim also. But no good ones have been committing to them for two cycles now because of on-field results and how far away they are from all of the other programs that come in and poach the DMV.

They need a coach who can turn chicken salad into chicken(bleep) with lesser talent, knock off a big dog on occasion (like a Brohm) and build gradually from there. Not a guy who might put together one good class right away with some short-term buzz, but has proven to be a failure on the field, at all other aspects of being the head of a program, and at showing restraint when you feel like punching an assistant in the face.

Most coaches would get that one bump increase, but with Locksley having the ear of every damn coach in the region, I'm certain the classes should be good. Now him developing that talent I'm worried about cause his track record is not good. He's easily a hard pass from me as a head coach. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Philly said:

He's the god of recruiting in the DMV region and kids want to play for him for some unknown reason. He's had success pulling kids to UMD in the past that had no business coming here otherwise. That's why they want him. That and our administration/boosters are idiots and think that's the only thing that he needs to succeed. 

Well they have been using the LSU guide to excellence for years. Crowton, Canada and all.

CyWWMc5WEAAGlhs?format=jpg&name=orig

And if you look closely.... Seems to be written by a Pollock.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Philly said:

That doesn't change his dismal record. He's an amazing recruiter. No doubt about it. But we've seen a ton of amazing recruiters bomb because they're not good head coaches. Locksley is 3-31 as a HC. Any program dumb enough to hire him deserves what they're getting.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That doesn't change his dismal record. He's an amazing recruiter. No doubt about it. But we've seen a ton of amazing recruiters bomb because they're not good head coaches. Locksley is 3-31 as a HC. Any program dumb enough to hire him deserves what they're getting.

Oh I'm agreeing with you on that end. I want to stay away from him as far as possible. He's a Tim Brewster type and don't want to get burned by him. 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:39 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Had an alert come to my phone from CBS Sports, saying that Mel Tucker is the favorite currently for the Colorado job.  

If he gets it UGA needs to promote Schumann to DC. If not he'll be poached very soon, maybe by Bama if Lupoi gets a HC offer in the next year or 2.

Archived