Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

25 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Cristobal has a 10 million buyout before February 2019, drops to 8 after that. 

Freaking Miami man...if we have our 3rd coach in 3 years....

Will be interesting what he does, I saw that as well Cristobal as a candidate for Miami FL job.  Why would he leave though?  He has Herbert coming back, #1 HS recruit coming in and a top 10 rated recruiting class.  Would be odd to leave all of that...

Bet Miami is wishing Diaz did not take the Temple job, I bet Miami would have gave it to him in a second.  I wonder if he can get out of that Temple head coach contract because now I bet he hopes he can.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Will be interesting what he does, I saw that as well Cristobal as a candidate for Miami FL job.  Why would he leave though?  He has Herbert coming back, #1 HS recruit coming in and a top 10 rated recruiting class.  Would be odd to leave all of that...

Bet Miami is wishing Diaz did not take the Temple job, I bet Miami would have gave it to him in a second.  I wonder if he can get out of that Temple head coach contract because now I bet he hopes he can.

TBH, I don't think he will but that dude loves the U. He played there. He's from Miami. No doubt it's his dream job. That said he's currently in the process in buying a huge mansion like Saban has in Bama so all the players can visit and do stuff as a team.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would never leave West Virginia for Houston.  West Virginia has way more passionate fans, better fan base period and there are not crazy high expectations there, and in a better conference.  Unless he dislikes the weather or something if I was Holgorsen I would stay put.  As for Houston who knows who they get but will be hard potentially, sure recruiting is nice but not much to sell with Houston.

Matt Campbell I still say is a super star coaching talent, is under contract but guy is going somewhere I bet.  I have even heard NFL with him and that makes sense as well, he would be a great college coach for any big time program though.

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

TBH, I don't think he will but that dude loves the U. He played there. He's from Miami. No doubt it's his dream job. That said he's currently in the process in buying a huge mansion like Saban has in Bama so all the players can visit and do stuff as a team.

If Miami wanted to do that they should have hired him a long time ago, then again he was not really ever successful as a head coach till recently.  But yeah with how they played this past year and the recruiting class they have coming in, it would be hard to leave that but will see.

Then again it is not anything super legal about a recruit committing, they can change that at any time just like the college can drop it at any time.  Would be curious if the recruits if he leaves would switch to Miami, I bet some would totally do it, especially if the entire staff leaves.  Jim Leavitt was obviously a USF guy and did quite well, so there is another Florida area connection there.  I see Bobby Williams is on the staff also, very experience coach with HC experience, was on Bama for a long time.  Will see what happens, if nothing Oregon for sure are on the way up back to the Chip Kelly days of dominating potentially in that conference if Cristobal stays.

46 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would never leave West Virginia for Houston.  West Virginia has way more passionate fans, better fan base period and there are not crazy high expectations there, and in a better conference.  Unless he dislikes the weather or something if I was Holgorsen I would stay put.  As for Houston who knows who they get but will be hard potentially, sure recruiting is nice but not much to sell with Houston.

Matt Campbell I still say is a super star coaching talent, is under contract but guy is going somewhere I bet.  I have even heard NFL with him and that makes sense as well, he would be a great college coach for any big time program though.

1. better city (which has been stated)

2. potential to be in a p5 conference in the future

3.  easier to make new years 6 bowls at houston

4. facilities are pretty dang good now

5.  can finally get the contract he wants

6. texas has plenty of talent to recruit

wvu the better job but houston has a lot to sell

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah and when OU and Texas leave then what?

You mean the thing that maybe might happen in 2024? Yeah man that potential conference realignment 6 years from now really means he should leave a program where's he's got a basically lifetime contract for ******* Houston. Nailed it.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You mean the thing that maybe might happen in 2024? Yeah man that potential conference realignment 6 years from now really means he should leave a program where's he's got a basically lifetime contract for ******* Houston. Nailed it.

houston is better than most p5 jobs. 

Archived