25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

1. better city (which has been stated)

2. potential to be in a p5 conference in the future

3.  easier to make new years 6 bowls at houston

4. facilities are pretty dang good now

5.  can finally get the contract he wants

6. texas has plenty of talent to recruit

wvu the better job but houston has a lot to sell

1. True. Although this is also somewhat subjective. For instance no massive hurricanes in West Virginia.

2. Already in a P5 conference

3. But impossible to make the playoffs. Also not sure it's true anyway

4. He's a coach, facilities are only important in recruiting

5. Other places he can get that too

6. I think you'll find you can recruit better at a Big 12 school than at Houston even if Texas has a lot of talent.

And your claim that Houston is better than MOST P5 jobs is ridiculous. A few? Sure. Most? Not even close.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

1. better city (which has been stated)

2. potential to be in a p5 conference in the future

3.  easier to make new years 6 bowls at houston

4. facilities are pretty dang good now

5.  can finally get the contract he wants

6. texas has plenty of talent to recruit

wvu the better job but houston has a lot to sell

Being in Texas is great sure, but one would have to complete for top talent with many teams.  And just the in state ones I would say these top four are in a better place potentially than Houston is currently.  And good luck getting guys away from Jimbo he is going to do quite well at A&M if this first year is any indication.

Texas
Texas A&M
TCU
Baylor

Sure Houston might win over these Texas schools in recruits no question but North Texas is a little of a question mark with how good they have played and Texas Tech you never know but getting Kliff out of there was a great idea.  

SMU
Texas Tech
Rice
UTEP
UTSA
Texas State
North Texas 

Not to mention competing for Texas talent with every single top 25 school in the nation...  So you want to go to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State or you want to play for Houston?  Good luck, and the new stadium they have built in 2014 barely is full half the time.  So the need a lot of tradition building and a great recruiter to come in and that will be difficult I feel.  Will see who they get.  Tom Herman was great for a little while there, made it exciting and brought in some talent but even if they get another Tom Herman who says he sticks around after success, just like when Sumlin and Art Briles left.  It is a difficult spot to be, especially for a school without a great tradition and usually schools in major cities like that it is not that simple to be successful because there are so many other options around unless you have a great history and tradition, no wonder the games at times are not full.  

Have to be out in the middle of nowhere and fill the stands sometimes and be the main thing, the recruiting tool of we have a great big city environment is BS I feel.  Sure USC was awesome for a little while but I doubt much of it was the LA night life.  It was because they won games and they have a great tradition and history over a very long period of time, something Houston does not really have.  

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

TBH, I don't think he will but that dude loves the U. He played there. He's from Miami. No doubt it's his dream job. That said he's currently in the process in buying a huge mansion like Saban has in Bama so all the players can visit and do stuff as a team.

"Temple coach Manny Diaz spoke with Miami today about the Hurricanes' head coaching vacancy, according to a source. Diaz, a Miami native who had been Hurricanes defensive coordinator, would provide continuity if he returns. He has a $4 million buyout so not ideal but Mark Richt's decision surprised a lot of people. Bringing back Diaz makes sense if Miami can pull it off financially. Adam Rittenberg ESPN."

I know Miami is an expensive school to go to, so I think they could easily swing $4 Million, will see.  Clearly if Richt new this awhile ago he should have made it a little more clear to his staff especially Diaz.  

Miami FL has the 2nd highest average scholarship value to athletes at $46,872.  So yeah they probably have the money to do so.

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/average-per-athlete.html

Archived