Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It is certainly... interesting.

Mattison is a great coach and recruiter, and definitely a loss for Michigan, but he wasn't a superstar DC, and he's 70. They already have arguably the best DL coach in CFB so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The optics of it are obviously not great for Michigan, but I feel like Day probably could have done a better job with his DC hires (no, this does not mean it was a bad hire, and yeah, they'll probably beat Michigan next year with him).

13 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

It is certainly... interesting.

Mattison is a great coach and recruiter, and definitely a loss for Michigan, but he wasn't a superstar DC, and he's 70. They already have arguably the best DL coach in CFB so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The optics of it are obviously not great for Michigan, but I feel like Day probably could have done a better job with his DC hires (no, this does not mean it was a bad hire, and yeah, they'll probably beat Michigan next year with him).

IENK.gif

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Fair, but I don't think I spun it that much. I think it's a good hire, just think there were probably better options for OSU. I think their co-DC makes even less sense. He's a legit Schiano disciple lol

I agree, but honestly thinking about what he did as a DC, I automatically think about his time as DC of the Ravens, But at this point I'd take going from worst to above average just to not squander a great offensive group.

Championship game makes me sick.

Clemson scored more points on Bama in 3 minutes than LSU has in 2 years. Yet though recruiting just as good as anyone. Have an OC in which this will be the first time since 96-97 that hes held a OC job consecutive years. Why should you contend when you cant hire anyone worth jack squat? Hire your buddy instead and bathe in the failure while getting paid.

Archived